Is this normal?

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad things are working out now! I think the turning point WAS the head butts and scratching. Since your kitty is deaf, he has to rely on scent, and maybe he didn't have a clear scent of you before. Now, he knows you are the one that takes care of him, since you gave him food and water, and he trusts you.

Just make sure if vistors come over, they know to let him come to them and sniff them first, then they can pet him if he wants it. We have a cat, Monster, that the vet thinks has tunnel vision (she also has seziures because she got into poison when she was a kitten). You can't approach her from the back and pet her like a normal cat. But, if you hold you hand down, she will come...sniff...and finally rub her head against your hand. That is the sign that you are "worthy" of petting her!
Then she can't get enough. She just has to know you first.

Bless you for taking this sweetie into your home!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maddox's mom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Going Nova

In the petfinder advertisement for Maddox, it says that he has a problem with hairballs. One of the symptoms of hairballs is regurgitating. If he will let you, try combing him. If you're already combing him and it doesn't help, pet stores carry a sort of jelly that will help the hairballs slide out his rear end. It goes for $5-15 a tube. (My vet recommended VedaLax or Laxatone.)
Yeah, Maddox is taking laxatone. I actually haven't seen one hairball since he's been here (about a month). I see hair in his poo, though!