is this normal behavior normal after my kitten being spayed??

denise0236

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I took my sweet kitten in on friday to get spayed its now sunday and I've noticed that she seems to be a lot meaner ..for example if I'm petting her she starts to bite me, usually she loves a lot of affection..she is a big talker all the time but hasn't meowed once since the surgery .. and shes been running away from me if i try to walk to her.. this behavior usually isnt like her she is always so sweet and kind, could she be in pain and that's what's causing her to be so snappy? Or is this normal on a cat that was spayed three days ago? She is almost 6 months and eating and drinking normal. 

jreiger

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This happened to my cat after she got spayed. She might be a little cranky over the fact that she went to the vet, or she might be in a little pain. She should smooth out in a couple of days. Did they give you anything for pain?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

denise0236

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes they did give her pain meds..I think I'm just over reacting lol.

lamiatron

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
don't stress. some cats bounce right back (my Charlie, 5 mo. old) and some cats are a bit moody/cranky (my Jet, 3 mo. old)

just give her time and space and let her come to you when she wants. As long as she's eating right, and going to the littler box right, there isn't anything to stress about. She should be herself in no time just be patient. 

And she probably runs from you because she is in pain, from the surgery, she doesn't want anything to get too close to her that might hurt her.

I don't think you're over reacting, i think you're just a caring, worried pet parent =)