Is this normal at age 39?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
well, when i was 39, i weighed about 300 pounds... so i still had a sizable butt [to say the least
]. however, at almost 51, it's still there - but i'm a hourglass shape. i don't think it'll ever be flat.

threecatowner

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I hate to be the one, but someone has to say it...

Any chance I ever had of having a "pumpkin"
butt flew out the window when I kept 10 pounds or so on after each pregnancy.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have always been cursed with the tiny ta ta's and the itty-bitty butt! I was always told how blessed I was because I was 5'10", yeah right......even more reason for people to think I was a guy! I have always had to keep myself "thin" or I ended up looking like a 6 foot 4x4!
I'm 38 now and not as fit as I use to be though a very active worker, I do garden/ landscaping. Although i walk an average of 10 miles a day and am very active lifting, pushing, carrying, I have no butt! And there's no if and or butts about it
! I know that the only way I can probably have any hint of one is to do hardcore work outs.....I simply don't have the time after a 10-15 hour day. So I guess I am doomed to be buttless.........

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have honestly never heard the term "pumpkin butt".
I've always told DH that's what he has; but I never knew where I picked it up.
I've never had much of one, myself. In my case it's because neither my mother or father do, either. It really does make finding nice fitting pants difficult.
I understand! I've put on a lot of weight in the last few years and I still barely have anything back there. I think I got it from my Dad. Why he couldn't pass on the his tall and thin genes I do not know....
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Lunges and squats!

Josh and I have matching nice butts because I make him do lunges with me
He has only been doing them for a couple months and already notices hisbutt muscles getting stronger!
Resisting urge to make comment that would be censored....

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

OMG, I'm sorry but that just cracked me up!
Seriously, that made my day! It's sad when even your husband says "what happened to your butt?"
The correct snappy answer to most men would be, "Your gut got it."

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
if you really want it back u will prob have to exercise alot, ive always had the italian fat butt, no firm butt here, and its pretty big for my size, one thing i noticed tho is im now 31, and my fat accumulates differently, i started noticing that flab under the arms, i have to figure out what exercise works out the best, and i start to accumulate too much in the tops of my thighs anymore, like even tho i weigh about the same as i always did my shape is changing.