Is this mean? Or am I overreacting?

commonoddity042

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

Waking her up for no reason, or shoving her off of things simply isn't cool.

As for the other stuff, it really depends on the cat.
When Spaz was a kitten, she was absolutely obnoxious when anyone was trying to cook.
My boyfriend at the time, not wanting to get hurt, or hurt or possibly kill the cat, would bend down, and gently send her sliding across the vinyl floor.

What we didn't realize was that to her, it was a game, she enjoyed it.
So much so that when I moved back in with my parents, who didn't understand what she wanted, she learned to slide herself across the floor.
She also enjoyed being tossed onto the bed.
She would climb up into our arms repeatedly for this.
If we didn't toss her, she would climb onto our shoulders and launch herself repeatedly onto the bed.

However, if his behavior towards your cat bothers you, you should really just sit down and talk with (not to) him about it.
I would think that if he has any respect for you at all, he will take your words to heart.
Not meaning to thread-jack, but Spaz sounds like a sweet little character.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, just so everyone knows..I now realize that certain things Ken does are acceptable and some are not acceptable.

I will no longer allow him to yell at her (not that he does this often).
I will make it perfectly clear for him to NOT disturb her sleep unless to move her gently.
I will not let him "toss" her.

I think he's getting better anyway..last night he wanted to sit on the couch where Trout was and he just pretended to sit on her and hovered his butt over her for a couple of seconds..Trout got the point and moved. This is better than him just pushing her off the couch.

I'm not going to just break up with my live in boyfriend of 3 years. I'm sure this issue can be worked on.

I'm confident that Trout is safe and as I said before her daddy loves her and doesn't mean to cause her any discomfort. When she was sick, Ken was crying just as hard as I was at the thought of losing her.

Thanks for all the opinions you guys..I'm glad you're here to help me out.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thats mean. maybe he doesnt realize how rough he is being with her. i would talk to him nicely about it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, everything is fine now..he said he didn't really know it bothered me that much..but now that he knows he has stopped bugging Trout, and he plays less rough with her

Everything is good now!! Thanks guys!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bug my cats sometimes but not to that extent. I knew your boyfriend would have no trouble in stopping. I didn't think he knew it was bugging you. I often wake my cats up when they're sleeping or carry them in funny ways but I'd never hurt them and I don't believe your bf would either