Is this kitten pointed?

lonelocust

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
And if so or not, what's going on with this coloring?

The first pic is a few weeks younger than the rest. 

So she seems to have a bit of a mask and darker paws/tail/ears, but the rest of her body is more the color of a solid lilac cat than the paler shade I'd expect from a pointed cat. But the dark mask spread from a nose dot to a fuller face area, as I'd expect from points. I can't tell yet if the eyes are just kitten blue or are actually blue. 

The rest of the litter contained a blue lynx point, and some non-pointed dilute bicolor&spotted cats.

So what's going on? Is she lilac, and if so, how did the mask come about? Is she pointed, and if so, why the darker coat? It's summertime, so it's not temperature (and the definitely-pointed cat is snowy in the non-point areas, and maybe had somewhat paler eyes). The rescuer didn't see her as a newborn so doesn't know if she was born white or not.

Anyone with more knowledge of pointed kittens able to solve the mystery for me?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Definitely a point, no doubt.  But with the body grayish already from beginning, there is something not that common.

A possibility is she isnt double point of siamese type - but a mixed point, one gene point of siamese type, and the other of burmanese type.

Such kittens darkens up much quicker than the pure siamese type.  And their eyes are not always good blue, because burmanese usually arent blue. 

Yours is bluish, though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lonelocust

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks @StefanZ. I had heard of the Burmese but didn't know about the variant point gene. Very interesting! That seems like a possibility.

Also thanks @PegLeg. I'll introduce her at NCotB after we figure out her name.