Is this kitkat or a raccoon eating?

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you think the video with the cats or raccoon going into the trap to eat is a cat or a raccoon, I can’t tell for sure? He finally showed up on camera again last week and then again yesterday around 4 AM. Here’s a video from yesterday and the one where I’m not sure if it’s a cat or a raccoon.
A rescue group has been trying to help trap him but so far no luck yet.

Definitely kikat
Kitkat on patio.mp4

Kitkat eating on patio? .mp4

kitkat or a racoon?

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Looks like a racoon to me. The cat you're trying to trap has some white on the hind legs, is that right? The animal in the second video doesn't, so I'd say even if it isn't a racoon it's not the same cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like a racoon to me. The cat you're trying to trap has some white on the hind legs, is that right? The animal in the second video doesn't, so I'd say even if it isn't a racoon it's not the same cat
Yeah that is what I think now. His feet look very white on the first video and they don’t look white here, but the tail is thinner in the body is thinner and higher up, so I wasn’t sure. . The cat I’m trying to trap, who I have named Kitcat is on the first video, and you can clearly see he has white paws on all 4.

I was thinking, could it be another cat? I don’t know at one point there was a video where I saw him and I wondered if it could be a little cat I have not seen for probably two years now who I am sure must’ve passed away. I was thinking about that about three weeks ago and thinking if it were a little cat, I would make an effort to try and keep her inside this time. dark and blurry lately. I can’t tell although sometimes it’s obvious if it’s a raccoon. They are much broader, and they walked differently. They have little dark feet in the big bushy tails in the rings, etc.. I guess it could be a baby raccoon or just a thinner one.

i’m still not sure though, because when I look at it again, it does look like there is white on the front feet. It’s just darker and blurry or on that video for some reason probably the weather.

Oh well, I was hoping that he was coming to eat inside the trap when it’s not triggered so that next time she tells me to try to trap I can just sit there all day and all night as much as possible and watch to see if he comes.

I don’t know how we’re ever going to trap him at this rate.😿

Last edited: