Is this fine??

semiferal

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kinsey's Pet

I am tired of getting mixed breed cats with bad teperments.
I think there are many, many people who would strongly disagree with your assessment! A bad temperament is due to poor socialization, especially early in life. It has little if anything to do with breed.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I havent heard of that many kill shelters in the UK, I think most of ours are non-kill (although we have some that will kill certain kinds of cats - mainly FIV+ and oldies) - I agree with early spay/abort, as although I dont believe in abortion, bringing more kittens into the world isn't good, but not sure I could agree with it when they are really pregnant.

kinsey's pet

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sorry, I raised my cats very well and none were as well behaved as Kinsey. Its true, the breed has a lot to do with their disposition. My past cats werent mean they just had a bit of a "wild streak" due to their breed, or something mixed in there. They were very accepting of new people but they had a bit of a wild streak and just didnt know when to quit. The breed of your cat can tell you whether the cat will like children, if they will be very social, hyper, lazy, vocal, etc.

I'm not completey arguing with you. I know you can work with just about any breed of cat so they will like children, people, car rides etc. but some cats seem to be geneticlly predisposed to certain preferences and behaviors, more so than others.

I can only speak from my experience.