Is This Belated Christmas Gift Appopriate?

kh2b1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I haven't gotten to exchange Christmas presents with my aunt and uncle due to illness and other unfortunate things.

Anyway... Within the last six months two of their elderly cats had to be euthanized due to CRF and cancer. With the help of the vet I managed to get their paw prints on a sheet of paper that had the Rainbow Bridge poem. Things happened and I never got to give them the poem. I then figured I could frame the poem with the paw prints and give it to them for Christmas along with some framed photos of the cats.

Do you all think it's ok to do this? It's been six months since the one died and just one month since the other died. I don't want to make them upset.

I know my uncle wanted an 8x10 photo of the one cat, so I figured that would be part of his Christmas present since the photo he wants is one I took several years ago. I also thought about doing an 8x10 photo collage of each cat. Or doing a smaller photo collage with a cat related poem in it.

What do you all think? The last thing I want to do is upset anyone. Also, money is tight so I wouldn't be able to buy the nicest frames, just something plain and simple.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I think there will be tears, but I think they will be touched and appreciate it. :nod:

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Go for it. The Christmas after my dear Wesley passed on, my daughter gave me a framed 8 x 10" photo of him and several smaller ones. This was one of the best presents I ever received. Yes, it made me tear up but that photo had pride of place in my home. It was a way of keeping Wesley close to me.

Last edited:

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It is a gift from the heart, very special for them. They will cry, but they will love it. :nod:

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
I gave a gift very similar once.  Wrapped in a more formal paper and tied with a black ribbon. We also made sure the recipients knew what and reassured them they could open it when they were ready. It is a loving thing you are doing but one best done in private.

laura h

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
After Paisley crossed over, my daughter gave me a hand drawn picture of Paisley. It was only a month after she passed, and it brought tears. But as I look at it today, I remember the smiles Paisley brought into my life. 

I would do it if I were you. Memories are to be cherished....esp. of fur kids

ellag

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i think that sounds like a great gift they will always treasure!

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it would be a very nice gift. They would appreciate it anytime.