Is This A Trick?

ComeBackKitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi. Thanks for all the advice for bringing Scaredy Cat into our house. So far the dog has found a way to the kennel once (he lost). No other incidents.

But I’m confused by the cat’s behavior. I expected more distress. He’s using the litter box, hanging out in the bed and purring. Should I be expecting A shift to more aggressive behavior or is this the beginning of a beautiful friendship?

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've arrived here from your introduction post and wanted to thank you for taking in this dear cat, and saving his life. It sounds like things are going well, and that he's becoming a sweetie pie.

Not sure if you've seen these TCS articles or not, so I'll post them in case you haven't. There may be tips or helpful info.

First-time Cat Owner's Guide | TheCatSite

A Feral Cat Or A Stray Cat? How To Tell The Difference | TheCatSite
Handling Feral Cats | TheCatSite
How To Help A New Cat Adjust To Your Home | TheCatSite

And when it's time to introduce him to your dog:
Best And Worst Dog Breeds To Live With Cats | TheCatSite
Introducing Cats To Dogs | TheCatSite
How To Safely Introduce A Cat And A Dog | TheCatSite
Caring For Cats And Dogs | TheCatSite

TCS has tons of other articles that may be helpful, so maybe check them out. And if there's anything particular you're wondering about, just ask.

BTW, is his name actually Scaredy Cat? Scaredy for short?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ComeBackKitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Not sure if you've seen these TCS articles or not, so I'll post them in case you haven't. There may be tips or helpful info.

First-time Cat Owner's Guide | TheCatSite

A Feral Cat Or A Stray Cat? How To Tell The Difference | TheCatSite
Handling Feral Cats | TheCatSite
How To Help A New Cat Adjust To Your Home | TheCatSite

And when it's time to introduce him to your dog:
Best And Worst Dog Breeds To Live With Cats | TheCatSite
Introducing Cats To Dogs | TheCatSite
How To Safely Introduce A Cat And A Dog | TheCatSite
Caring For Cats And Dogs | TheCatSite

TCS has tons of other articles that may be helpful, so maybe check them out. And if there's anything particular you're wondering about, just ask.

BTW, is his name actually Scaredy Cat? Scaredy for short?

Thanks for all of the info. I need a good education to make things work well. And I need to know so much. Again thanks to all of you for the help and the welcome.

He doesn’t have a nickname. Maybe he should. He doesn’t answer to anything now. :)

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
He doesn’t have a nickname. Maybe he should. He doesn’t answer to anything now. :)
A nickname that he will learn to answer to would be good, I think. One thing I've read about when socializing ferals, is to always say their name before you open the door to their room. That way they learn to expect you, when the door opens. And, it's always good for them to have a name. Here's another article on How To Choose The Best Name For Your New Cat if you're interested.