Is This A Stray?

Catvivid

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't have pictures, but I'll explain. I am on a school trip, and the house we're sleeping in has a sweet, sweet cat. You haven't seen a cuddly cat if you haven't met her. (I'm just guessing the gender) We never met and she's already so cuddly! Her fur has a lump or something in it. It was a little dark, so I couldn't see what it was, but I believe it was a tick. I asked my teacher, who knows the owner of the house, although they don't live in it, if the cat gets regular attention. He didn't really give a clear answer. There are a lot of opened, eaten cans of cat food and an open bag of kibble, just laying on the floor. Is the cat attention deprived, is that why it was so happy to see people? Although there was a bunch of food on the floor, the cat is still thin.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
She's most likely to be a stray, an outdoor cat or an abandoned cat was previously owned and is domesticated and socialized but now being disowned and over time, she is used humans around her and that's why she's behaving so cuddly and that's why she is happy to see people as she knows that the who care for her will not ham her and she has trust in them.

A feral will not approach any humans and will run and hide when a human approaches them.

It seems that the is being cared for by some people or caregivers of homeless cats. Reason of her being thin that she could be under nourished, or is having sone kind of health problems and therefore not eating well or food given to her is of low grade and does not meet the nutrition level that is required to keep a cat healthy.

Some articles for you to read :-

a-feral-cat-or-a-stray-cat-how-to-tell-the-difference.33554

10-facts-you-should-know-about-feral-cats.30118