Is this a savannah cat f6? Kitten is 6 month

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mimisah

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Also, she can get spooky and snappy. I didn't try to pick her up. Today I just let her come towards me and be welcoming. She becomes closer and closer now.

How long before she can trust me because mostly I would like to trim her nail that are quite long.

theyremine

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Did the shelter give you any information about her background? The time frame would relate directly to her history. Personally, I wouldn't attempt to trim her nails until she is quite comfortable around you.

Mimisah

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes I have her history. She must be an only cat. She was fighting with the other pets so they had to let her go. Yes I will wait until she wants to pick her up and pet her.

Is sleeping with a cat a good idea? She kind of follows me everywhere even in my bed.

molly92

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How lovely! She might like your treats better in a few days too. It's very common for cats to ignore treats in a new environment.

My secret weapon for cats that won't eat or need socialization is baby food. Stage 2 gerber or beechnut chicken, turkey, or ham. If you put some in a bowl or even on your finger, they have to stay put to lick it up and can't grab it and run.

If you're fine with it, it's fine to sleep with cats!

Mimisah

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks, I will try your secret weapon because she barely ate since I brought her. She had 2 bites. The shelter gave me wet food for at least a week. And some dry food for maybe a month.

Maybe the anxiety of a new place.

theyremine

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I, too have had great results with baby food. Since she came from a "home" and is now an only cat, she probably will come around sooner. The fact that she follows you is a good sign. Nothing better than having a purring cat in your bed.

Mimisah

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She follows me even in the bathroom! 🤣🤣🤣She slept with me last night and she was totally quiet. As long as I am in bed she stays quiet. I will try baby food and get a cat tree asap....

Mimisah

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Kind of inexistant. I felt minor things but also because I focus on that so I have been noticing every tiny sensations. But I don't have any allergies with her. OMG ....I almost spent 1500$ on a cat 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ Now I realize the importance of just hanging out with the cat before the adoption. She is really happy to have her new home.

Immy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just get the DNA done. That will settle whether it’s a Savannah cat. I got a tabby from the pound, and for no special reason tested both my cats at basepaws. The tabby kitten came back as 3% Savannah, which I think means serval, since the cat components would show elsewhere. That makes her about f6.

Attachments