Is this a normal poop?

rachellulu2001

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Meet Sunshine! (Ironic, isn’t it? XD). She is approximately 5-6 weeks old, and we picked her up yesterday from my SIL. She is a little young, so we have been stimulating her to potty. After a day of her not going, she finally pooped!! Yay!!! As my SIL does not vaccinate her kitties, and the mama is indoor/outdoor, I was just wanting to make sure this is healthy! We will deworm her in a few weeks if need be, but I just wanted to make sure she is healthy. We had a shelter give us a very very sick kitten a few weeks ago, and we ended up having to give her back. She was 8 weeks old, and had straight water diarrhea for over a week with us, and even before they sent her home. They lied us, and it was a whole, gut wrenching ordeal. We have other cats, two that are older, and couldn’t risk their health, either. It was a lot. I digress.
I just wanted to make sure our little Sunshine is happy and healthy. Thanks in advanced for your help!
Also, she currently shows no signs of worms, but I think it could be because she has been nursing, up until only yesterday. Comments on this? We are just super worried about every little thing, given what the shelter did to us!!
Thanks!!!
IMG_4807.jpeg

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rachellulu2001

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It does seem slightly soft but it doesn't look bad. What is she eating and is she drinking water
She eating a mixture of soft food (I’ve been using the Blue Wilderness brand for kittens), mixed with Second Step Kitten Weaning Formula, and a goood amount of water. She isn’t interested in willingly drinking water, BUT we are giving it to her through a bottle. She won’t suck the bottle at all, even with the smallest teat on, so we are basically syringing her water. She doesn’t love it, but does drink the water. She has had maybe half a milk bottle of water it total. I’m sure to mix plenty of water in her food, but I don’t like forcing her once she stops drinking said water. Hope this helps!!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Kittens drink water when they are thirsty, and primarily get their hydration needs met through wet food, and at this tender age, kitten formula. I would stop giving her the extra water and continue with her other food and kitten formula.

Her poop looks fine, but will firm up as she adjusts to her new diet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rachellulu2001

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Kittens drink water when they are thirsty, and primarily get their hydration needs met through wet food, and at this tender age, kitten formula. I would stop giving her the extra water and continue with her other food and kitten formula.

Her poop looks fine, but will firm up as she adjusts to her new diet.
Thanks a lot for saying this. We were very concerned about her not getting enough water. We will stop giving her extra water as I do think her food out quite a bit. Thanks for the help!!