Is This a Hoax? Is There Such Thing as a Bengalmese?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sierra0209

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Its nothing more then a backyard breeder who decided to let their Bengal male breed with a Siamese. There are tabby/lynx point Siamese anyway. This is nothing more then a "designer" cat - its not a breed - its a made up name like you see in the designer dogs such as labradoodle, etc.

Only out to rip people off by breeding mixed breed cats.
Bengalmese are not just a made up cat breed! And they aren't Lynx Point Siamese Cats, they are blue point and tortie, thank you.

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sierra0209

Bengalmese are not just a made up cat breed! And they aren't Lynx Point Siamese Cats, they are blue point and tortie, thank you.
Sorry, but you are wrong. It is a made up cat breed. In fact it is not a breed, it is a moggie.

Bengalmese are not registered with any legitimate Cat Registry and until they are, it is just a mixed breed cat, aka Moggie.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

Sorry, but you are wrong. It is a made up cat breed. In fact it is not a breed, it is a moggie.

Bengalmese are not registered with any legitimate Cat Registry and until they are, it is just a mixed breed cat, aka Moggie.
I googled "bengalmese" and got a lot of hits, every single one of them referring back to the same "breeder". Personally I think her prices for unregistered cats are outrageous. It's unfortunate that she is advertising "show" cats (for even higher prices). Yes, you could enter these cats in some shows, but only as Household Pets.

CFA does not even recognize bengals as an official breed. Their standard for siamese does not allow any outcrosses.

TICA recognizes both bengals and siamese but does not allow outcrosses in either breed.

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldyCat

I googled "bengalmese" and got a lot of hits, every single one of them referring back to the same "breeder".
I'm fairly certain the person who posted, Sierra0209, is the breeder of these cats.

I would like to add that if she feels this should be an accepted breed then she needs to go through the process that ALL new breeds must go through in order to become established. Apply to a legitimate cat registry for experimental breed status.

You can't just put two breed cats together, assign them a name you feel is suitable and then claim the kittens are "that" breed. It doesn't work that way.

Even though Bengals are the most popular breed cat in the world today, CFA still won't allow them into their ranks, because they have a very strict policy on no wild blood. Bengals will never be allowed until that policy is overturned. So, Bengals may never be allowed.

Bengals are however recognized by every other legitimate cat registry.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The Moderating Team feels that this thread has run it's course, and is being locked. The Team also feels that this thread contains a very valuable discussion about what to look for when choosing a reputable breeder, so the thread is being left on the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.