Is this a cat or a fox/ raccoon maybe?

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone,

Since I took Cinnamon inside I had stopped feeding but occasionally I put a tiny dish of food for the opossums when it’s really cold. I have noticed now twice what looks like it could be a cat came by… what do you think? On the second video I am now questioning whether this is a cat because his head looks pointy like a raccoon but there are no rings on the tail so, maybe it’s a fox? I have seen raccoons that have white tails though.

Is this a cat or maybe a raccoon or a fox?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's a cat for sure. I'm seeing white hind legs and a little bit of white under the chin when he/she turns her head
Thanks. I agree he probably is a cat or she is a cat. Because the first video he has white mittens and boots on his hind legs. In this video he looks very different, his face is very angular and pointy looking like a raccoon or a fox so which is strange.

Anyway I’m going to stop putting food out now because I cannot take anymore In. I have taken in three cats in the past year, and that is my limit. I’m hoping he is a neighbor’s cat who comes by for a snack. And I will hope that someone else can help him if he is dumped. There is a large colony across from our sump apparently so there are other tnr people etc. I have never seen him before. Maybe Cinnamon and Fred scared him off or he just was never caught on cam. I will post him on one of my local groups in case he is lost though.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
That's a cat for sure. I'm seeing white hind legs and a little bit of white under the chin when he/she turns her head
As soon as I saw the video I immediately thought it was a cat too.
Thanks for posting him or her on one of your local groups. Fingers crossed the kitty has or will have a home. :crossfingers:

Last edited: