Is This A Cat Cold?

sweetktea

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a male car maybe a year and a half old. He sneezed the other day and a little booger came out. I didn't look too much into it. Now three days later his eyes and nose are gunky, one eye is gunked shut, and his eye whites are red. Hes eating and drinking water and since this cood I've out unflavored Pedialyte in his water. Is this just a cold? I cant make it to the vet until Saturday. I wipe his eyes and nose often with a warm tag to get all the gunk off

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hopefully you can find a way to get him to a vet before Saturday, but until you do, keep wiping his eyes and nose with a damp wahcloth, and you might try sitting in the bathroom with him and running the shower with hot water because the steam helps get rid of congestion. They eyes do worry me because they can get ulcers if this is a virus, so be sure to keep the one that is gunked shut OPEN. It may take some soaking with wet cotton balls until all the stuff is released, but his eye should not be allowed to stay stuck shut from now until Saturday.