Is this a bad idea?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

I just don't understand the desire for a gigantic TV screen. My roomie bought me a new TV for my birthday (mine was going on the blink) and it is a nice Magnavox 20 inch and it only cost $110.

Why not buy yourself a smaller TV at under $200 and save the rest for the car? That way you get what you need. What you really want can come later when you have more in the bank.
Well right now we have a 36" tv and it is fine other than it going dark sometimes. My boyfriend wouldn't go for a smaller tv, he is picky that way. We were looking at 37" tv's but they are really no cheaper than the 42" that he wants to buy.

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think that it's a bad idea. You aren't planning for the unforseen. What if an unexpected emergency comes up? You could wind up being short on money. It's best to wait until you are working again, just to be on the safe side. And like someone else already said TV's go on sale all the time. There will be another sale.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I wished you lived closer. My hubby works for Panasonic and we have 4 TV's. If he doesn't sell a couple of them I'm going to spit! We went to his Christmas party last year and he won the door prize - yes a 27" flatscreen, built-in video cassette, CD player, so the almost new 35" from the bedroom got replaced. Just before that he bought the 52" for the living room. Every time they have an employee sale, he brings home all this new "stuff". We have about 3 DVD players.

I'm not bragging here, I'm complaining. Nobody needs all this stuff. I've been trying to downsize and he keeps piling stuff up in the basement.
If you lived closer you would be welcome to the GAO 35" TV for $200, stand included.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish I lived closer too! I could really use a DVD player. Somehow Lee's mom and dad ended up with the one I got Lee for his birthday a few years back and we were using the PS2. Well the PS2 quit on us so we bought a cheapie DVD as a replacement and it SUCKS royally! Sometimes it will play and sometimes it will play 1/2 the DVD and sometimes it won't work at all!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

I wished you lived closer. My hubby works for Panasonic and we have 4 TV's. If he doesn't sell a couple of them I'm going to spit! We went to his Christmas party last year and he won the door prize - yes a 27" flatscreen, built-in video cassette, CD player, so the almost new 35" from the bedroom got replaced. Just before that he bought the 52" for the living room. Every time they have an employee sale, he brings home all this new "stuff". We have about 3 DVD players.

I'm not bragging here, I'm complaining. Nobody needs all this stuff. I've been trying to downsize and he keeps piling stuff up in the basement.
If you lived closer you would be welcome to the GAO 35" TV for $200, stand included.
You don't live that far, do you?

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You might want to look around some more first. We got a 55 inch t.v. on Craigslist.com for $800 and it retails for $3200. Yes it is used, but it looks new and works great.