Is there more to here then just a "black and white cat"?

catman1000

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Black and white almost doesn't even cut it when it comes to color, the spots are kind of a mixture between black and a brownish color. I show pictures and people always ask what kind of a cat she is, and all i can say is, "um..., a great one". Which she is, but...
Thank you in advance for all of the collective knowledge and insight!

molly92

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are a few components to cat coat. First, looking at the pattern, she is mostly white with splotches of color, which is called harlequin. Her tail has stripes, so the pattern of her colored fur is probably tabby. I can't tell what pattern is on the rest of her fur exactly. If there's no pattern she could be an agouti tabby, which is kind of like a blend of two colors. As for color, it looks gray to me, which would mean a blue tabby, but if her fur is browner in person she could be a brown tabby. So altogether, she might be a blue agouti tabby harlequin! At least that's what I'd guess. You can look at this webpage and decide for yourself if you want: http://www.fanciers.com/other-faqs/colors.html 

She definitely is a great cat! I love the little bit of white on the tip of her tail.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catman1000

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for the help! As I'm looking closer, her spots have a blending of the same colors that you can see on her tail (which is a grey, you are right about that). It's hard to take a picture of, as the shading changes within the spots are quite subtle, but here's my attempt...