Is There Any Way To Literally Cat Call A Stray Cat?

I_Wuv_Kitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Here’s a video of kitty nearly dying yesterday but it really drives home the urgency of why I want to get to know the kitties so I can get them off the street.

Male and a female. Male is very friendly. Hasn’t gotten close enough for pets but he very clearly is not afraid of me and wants to. The female is skittish and what often ends up happening is that she runs away just out of view and he is looking between me and where she went before deciding to go see her.

Here’s a map of generally where they are and roam. It’s in Clarksville, MD.

Is there any “cat call” I can make, whether that is walking around meowing or a whistle, or something to get him to come to me? Like I said, I’m sure the male kitty would come to me but the female is very skittish.

Yesterday I followed them as they walked around the exterior of people’s houses, watched the male kitty drop a dirty bomb in someone’s back yard and lost them where the blue gps pin is (where I am now). It’s a wooded area.

They’re not exactly stealthy but it’s still hard to spot a small cat when there’s shrubs and bushes.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You would need to set a humane trap with food in order to get the cats.

Most people begin feeding strays or ferals outside their homes to get them to stick around long enough to trap them.

All big box stores such as Lowe's and Home Depot carry Have-a-Heart traps.

Havahart Small 2-Door Animal Trap 1025

What do you plan to do with any cats that you might trap?

susieqz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
if you feed them, it's easy to get them to come to call.
every time you feed them yell out SUPPERTIME.
in 2 weeks they will come to that call, all the time.