Is There A Tv Show That....

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
....you really don't want to like, but can't help yourself?

I feel that way about Mom. I don't watch it on regular TV, but TV Land is carrying the older episodes and I started watching them. At first, I had it on for background noise and I'd complain to Rick about the obnoxious laugh track on the show. Then I started actually watching it. OMG, it's hilarious. I don't want to like it, but I can't help it. Those two are quite the couple (mother and daughter). And some of the zingers just make me laugh.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Here Comes Honey Boo Boo. I never thought I would like that show but I loved it.
I haven't had regular TV service since August 2013 and I never thought I'd watch that either but did and got hooked. I cut the cord on Dish Network when DD went to college. I couldn't justify spending $130/month on it just for me. Especially when the majority of stuff on my DVR was intellectually stimulating stuff like Honey Boo Boo, The Kardashians, Swamp People, etc. OK. I did watch a lot of Travel Channel too. :lol:

I think I was watching stuff just to watch stuff. Now I have Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime streaming. I use Netflix most of all. Hulu is for my Golden Girls fixes. I rarely use the Amazon service.

A touch off topic maybe..

Dish Network was a real pain in the :censored: about the cancellation thing. When the guy came over, he unhooked everything but left the boxes. Um. Why? I called them and they said I had to SEND them back to a central location. Again. WHY? When the service was set up, the technician that did it brought boxes from the local office. Then they told me that I would have to pay to send the boxes back. I said NOPE. You want your stuff, you will either send someone to come get it OR give me boxes with postage paid stickers. So they did. The technician was also going to leave the dish behind (per instructions obviously). Me to Dish Network again: Nope. I will NOT be responsible for YOUR stuff when I am no longer paying for YOUR service. They ended up telling him to take it with him and he did.

I watch very little TV these days and I gotta say I don't miss it.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't had regular TV service since August 2013 and I never thought I'd watch that either but did and got hooked. I cut the cord on Dish Network when DD went to college. I couldn't justify spending $130/month on it just for me. Especially when the majority of stuff on my DVR was intellectually stimulating stuff like Honey Boo Boo, The Kardashians, Swamp People, etc. OK. I did watch a lot of Travel Channel too. :lol:

I think I was watching stuff just to watch stuff. Now I have Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime streaming. I use Netflix most of all. Hulu is for my Golden Girls fixes. I rarely use the Amazon service.

A touch off topic maybe..

Dish Network was a real pain in the :censored: about the cancellation thing. When the guy came over, he unhooked everything but left the boxes. Um. Why? I called them and they said I had to SEND them back to a central location. Again. WHY? When the service was set up, the technician that did it brought boxes from the local office. Then they told me that I would have to pay to send the boxes back. I said NOPE. You want your stuff, you will either send someone to come get it OR give me boxes with postage paid stickers. So they did. The technician was also going to leave the dish behind (per instructions obviously). Me to Dish Network again: Nope. I will NOT be responsible for YOUR stuff when I am no longer paying for YOUR service. They ended up telling him to take it with him and he did.

I watch very little TV these days and I gotta say I don't miss it.
I wish I had Netflix but I don't. I watch a lot of the Travel Channel. They have some pretty good shows.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I started watching the Travel Channel and enjoy Mysteries at the Museum on Thursday nights. Rick's the one who told me about MaTM; he's been watching it for quite a while now. I like it. It's really interesting.

I tried to watch the Josh Gates shows, but they're all hype and little else.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I started watching the Travel Channel and enjoy Mysteries at the Museum on Thursday nights. Rick's the one who told me about MaTM; he's been watching it for quite a while now. I like it. It's really interesting.

I tried to watch the Josh Gates shows, but they're all hype and little else.
I agree the Josh Gates show is all hype but I do enjoy watching him.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I agree the Josh Gates show is all hype but I do enjoy watching him.
It's on Friday nights around here. Sometimes I watch it now, too. I have to say that he seems like a guy who genuinely enjoys his job!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
I figure at least Josh gates can ride a horse, he got credit for that but he lost it when he did the "let's go hunt big foot" thing. I s'pose it was to talk about different cultures legends? But the advertising put me off.
Anyway, I'd say whenever they do a reboot of something, from movies to TV series, these are hardly ever really good no matter how much I want them to be.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
....you really don't want to like, but can't help yourself?

I feel that way about Mom. I don't watch it on regular TV, but TV Land is carrying the older episodes and I started watching them. At first, I had it on for background noise and I'd complain to Rick about the obnoxious laugh track on the show. Then I started actually watching it. OMG, it's hilarious. I don't want to like it, but I can't help it. Those two are quite the couple (mother and daughter). And some of the zingers just make me laugh.
I LOVE MOM.
I'm not even a mom but there's something about this show that really hits me. Even my husband likes it, and he's not much into sitcoms. Everyone on it are such fine actresses.