Is the spay incision infected?

annasmithlollllllllllllll

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Screenshot_20230715-221612_Video Player.jpg

Hey guys, my 7 months old cat got spayed earlier this week. Since the beginning, she absolutely refused the e collar (cone) so we had to resort to a DIY recovery suit. This afternoon, I went to check on her and saw that the bottom of suit came off and she was licking her stitches. Idk if its infected or not. Sorry the pic is not that great, she won't let me take one properly. Pls help, anything is welcomed

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Hi, welcome!

It doesn't look too bad although I'm not a vet. I would keep an eye on it, and if you can, continue to take photos so you can see any progression of either good, or not. If it becomes really red, oozes pus or smells, definitely give your vet a call right away.

Hazel06

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The odd lick will not hurt the wound, or cause it to become infected. Our vet has always told us to just try and limit it, but it doesn't matter if she does lick it now and then.
I can't see enough from the photo to tell, and in any case I am no expert, but I don't see any big warning signs.
Does she still have a good appetite, and seem good in herself?
You can always give your vet a ring, and see what they say; or even email a clear photo to them so they can take a look.