Is that really how you pronounce your cat's name? Really?

sohni

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EnzoLeya

I thought it was butt zee too!!!

Enzo= N-Zo
Leya= Leah or Lee-A
Stuart= Stuart
Luna= Loon-a
And here I thought it was Leya as in Princess Leia!

Mine are Tsekani (Sekani) and Sohni (Sony)

The dogs are Asha, Chloe and Midge

My horse's name is Tacia, which I pronounce Taysha, but her breeder pronounced it Tah-see-ah. I just find that it's easier to just pronounce it with 2 syllables, and my breeder said I could call her anything I want.. (=

BTW - I completely thought it was Butt-zee. With that spelling it's pretty natural. Bootsy is a much nicer name.

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
my two are dead easy, flash and sooty although at the vet the nurse cat pronouce it bless her because its sooty like suit-e

the poor vet nurse is from sunderland Rosiemac will know and can probably say the accent in her head haha

forensic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cocoa Cream

Same here! Pretty hard to mispronounce Max, Molly and Maggie...although the vet's receptionist has misspelled the girls' names a time or too. Oh well...I'm actually the one with the weird name in the house. My first name is Kiel, pronounced key-el (long e, then short e) rather than Kyle. I'm a girl, so I hate being called Kyle!
But I'm used to my name being mispronounced.
Heh, that's funny, I went to school with a girl named "Kyle" and she she got SOOOO annoyed when people tried to pronounce it in any 'feminine' ways, since it was pronounced Kyle!

It was really funny when she got a nasty call from an army recruiter or something about why she hadn't registered... Insisted on taking to Kyle, she answered and all the poor man did was waffle and eventually apologize and hang up...

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It must be tough to work at a vet's office with all the different names we give our pets!

Genever is pronounced like Jennifer, but Genever. She's actually named after the Dutch/Belgian gin-type liquor. I've heard it pronounced Juh-NEE-ver more often than GEN-uh-ver over there, but I think Genever's prettier so that's what we call my kitty. When I emailed everyone that i got a cat, pretty much everyone asked how to say the name.. and some thought it was Guinevere! Whaaa?

Polly and Cleo are self-explanatory. (i should hope anyway!)