Is she ready?? Please read.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gothicangel69

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, I'm at the e-vets right now. I went to check on the little ones an hour ago, and one of them was gasping and sneezing. They are under observation right now as it was acting normal when I arrived and they can't find anything obviously wrong with her.
I will keep you all posted and hopefully its nothing.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Originally Posted by gothicangel69

one of them was gasping and sneezing.
She might have got some water in the lungs... Hopefully she did sneezed out it all...

Good luck!

gothicangel69

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
They couldn't find anything wrong with her there and said there may have been some mucus in her nose/ throat that she was able to sneeze up.
He did say that all the kittens are extremely healthy looking and have good hearts. He did find a mild heart murmor in the mother.

gothicangel69

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The kittens are all doing very good. One of them has even opened its eyes already. I thought their eyes didn't open until they were 2 weeks old, not one??

gothicangel69

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Here are some more pictures. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if the smallest one (with the most black) would be considered a calico or torti? I understand that calico's are mostly white with patches of black and orange, and that tortis are mostly black with stripes or streaks of white/ orange, but this one is mostly black, with patches and streaks. Its almost like he's right in the middle of the two.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Ooooooh! Baby cats!!

As far as when kittens open their eyes, I've heard two weeks as an average. I've also heard that shorthair kittens open their eyes earlier than longhair kittens, and that smaller breeds open theirs earlier than larger breeds. I think they just open when they're ready.

It looks to me like you have three calicos and one dilute patched tabby and white. "Calico" refers to patches of all three colors (red, black, white) without reference to how much of each color there is. "Tortoiseshell" or "Tortie" is a mix of red and black, with no white, and the two colors are usually scrambled together rather than in discreet patches. "Patched tabby" is any kind of tabby with irregular red patches, and may or may not have white on the chin, belly, and feet.

orangeishcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ohhhh my gooosh what a furry little pile of ADORABLE.
I would come steal them away if I could!

gothicangel69

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The mother keeps taking the one with its eyes open and putting it outside the nest. There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it, and its very lively. Why would she be doing this??

tillytally

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hi, im new to cats and when i took in boo i didnt really think i would be getting a whole new family, my vet estimates she could have anything from 2 days to 2 wks and this was last week!!, ive tried taking her temp for the last 2 days and they have been 99.9 and today 100.4 all the given indications of labour starting she usually does anyway, acting strange is normal for her lol, constantly trying to get outside, hiding in strange places, skittish behaviour overly affectionate, increased and decreased appetite, so everynight we wonder if tonights the night, this waiting is terrible, i can only feel the odd movement as until today she hasnt let me touch her stomach, i havnt seen any milk and wondered if you could tell any other way, any advice would be much apprieciated x

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by tillytally

hi, im new to cats and when i took in boo i didnt really think i would be getting a whole new family, my vet estimates she could have anything from 2 days to 2 wks and this was last week!!, ive tried taking her temp for the last 2 days and they have been 99.9 and today 100.4 all the given indications of labour starting she usually does anyway, acting strange is normal for her lol, constantly trying to get outside, hiding in strange places, skittish behaviour overly affectionate, increased and decreased appetite, so everynight we wonder if tonights the night, this waiting is terrible, i can only feel the odd movement as until today she hasnt let me touch her stomach, i havnt seen any milk and wondered if you could tell any other way, any advice would be much apprieciated x
If you start a new thread you're more likely to get some responses. Tacking onto someone else thread will get mostly the people who are following the original thread. Oh, and welcome to TCS.