Is she pregnant?

Seawitch13

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, I'm new here and in need of some help! My cat Lydia was in heat and got out of the house on November 10th 2021. She was out for about 24 hours and when she came home she was just fine, but she stopped her heat cycles. She had a week or two of puking occasionally, loss of appetite and then got back to normal. Her belly has become bigger and she has been presenting all the pregnancy symptoms. HOWEVER now she is in heat again? So I'm confused as to if she is pregnant or not? Could it be pseudopregnancy? I read some cats can go into heat between 3-6 weeks of pregnancy however they usually aren't fertile at that time. So I'm looking for advice, has this happened to anyone else? Id take her to the vet but ours is booked solid till after she would have given birth.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Seawitch13

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Also, no she is not spayed, we found her a few months ago and took her in.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Your cat is most likely pregnant and close to 8 weeks along. She is most likely not in heat but rather jacked up on pregnancy hormones. She should have kittens in the next 2 weeks if she is indeed pregnant.

Keep her inside and prepare for kittens. Read our pregnant cat and kitten articles at the top of this forum to prepare.

If she is NOT pregnant, she’ll need spaying if she does not deliver kittens. Since her belly has grown, can you post a picture of her from above while she is standing so we can see her sides? Are her nipples pinked up and enlarged?

If she is not pregnant, it’s possible she mated but miscarried and absorbed the fetuses. Regardless, do not let her out and we’ll know the answer in a couple of weeks.

Keep us posted!