Is she pregnant?

LeiaRey

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ok so my kitty cat Rey was in heat in May. I think she got out either the 2nd week or 3rd week of May. Well I’ve noticed some changes in her and am unsure if she’s pregnant? I want to know for sure she is medium/long haired so it’s hard. Those weeks of May she got out we’re absolutely crazy and hard to keep track of her over my 5 year old. I had to literally watch him like a hawk so I put a collar on her with a bell and he took it off every time. That was my attempt to keep track of her easier. She’s an inside kitty. My son loves her adores her, she’s his therapy, and really it’s amazing to have both my cats and dog for him. Anyways. Back to her. I’ll attach pics to see what you guys think.

Attachments

Kittycatcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi there,
She's beautiful, my girl is also pregnant from around the second week of May so if she is pregnant they will be roughly the same amount of weeks gone.
What changes have you noticed? Has she gained weight? Its hard to tell from your pictures and not knowing what she was like before.
My girl has got a increased appetite, tummy bulging at the sides, abit of morning sickness last week, pinky nipples and no heat cycle. Is your girl similar?
How old is she by the way?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LeiaRey

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi there,
She's beautiful, my girl is also pregnant from around the second week of May so if she is pregnant they will be roughly the same amount of weeks gone.
What changes have you noticed? Has she gained weight? Its hard to tell from your pictures and not knowing what she was like before.
My girl has got a increased appetite, tummy bulging at the sides, abit of morning sickness last week, pinky nipples and no heat cycle. Is your girl similar?
How old is she by the way?
yes she has gained weight it looks like it, she’s a skinny cat. She’s been eating more, throwing up, no heat cycle and her nipples do look pink. I think shes a year old. So she’s still a baby.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She sounds pregnant, and if she was out during a heat cycle and around intact males she surely mated. Check out our articles, and also check out places to get her spayed when the kittens are 8 weeks so she does not have back to back pregnancies.

Kittycatcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sounds pregnant to me, my girl is only 14mths so is also a young cat, its a worry isn't it.
Are you feeding her both wet and dry kitten food? If not it would be a good idea to slowly switch her over to it. Build her strength up for the birth and babies.
Also try her with a saucer of krm a day.

LeiaRey

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sounds pregnant to me, my girl is only 14mths so is also a young cat, its a worry isn't it.
Are you feeding her both wet and dry kitten food? If not it would be a good idea to slowly switch her over to it. Build her strength up for the birth and babies.
Also try her with a saucer of krm a day.
How do I do this when I have another cat, that doesn’t need the kitten food? They both eat in the same area. And Princess Leia is fat. Lol maybe feed Rey soft kitten food since Princess Leia hates it?

LeiaRey

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She sounds pregnant, and if she was out during a heat cycle and around intact males she surely mated. Check out our articles, and also check out places to get her spayed when the kittens are 8 weeks so she does not have back to back pregnancies.
So much yes to getting her fixed! That was the plan before she got prego. Covid 19 dampened that. And some other things going on in life.

Kittycatcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have to fed my girl the wet food in a separate area from my male tabby because he is abit overweight, annoyingly my neighbour keeps feeding him when I've asked her not too.
I've got both kitten and adult dry food out all the time but at least I know she's getting some down her and hopefully not my boy too much, haha.

LeiaRey

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes she’s on the counter lol but she’s been meowing hardcore at me tonight since I got home. I just put more food in their bowls. Is she closer to having the babies? I’m pretty sure she’s prego now because just look. Lol that belly is getting big! Lol thanks in advanced!

Attachments

LeiaRey

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I think they are still moving, it’s hard to tell when I can’t feel her belly every so often because of my kiddos. Lol I think she has a couple of weeks still. She’s been more vocal l, maybe she’s bickering about how she feels lol

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
So you did felt them move, but dont feel as much any longer? If so, its possible she is near now. At the end when they go down into birthing position, they are more squeezed and cant move as much.

Has she dropped? Ie suddenly seems less big? Not all cats do, but its common; a couple of days before delivery.

If you never felt them move, it is at least 2 weeks left, because you dont feel them move earlier then 3 weeks before delivery, sometimes just 2 weeks.

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like she is pregnant. Sadly covid 19 really caused alot of unwanted pregnancies cause cats will always find a way to get out. It is important to feed her kitten food. In terms of how to keep your other large cat from eating it, just feed them separately.

Oh and maybe stop free feeding, some cats just can't restrict themselves and will gorge themselves then get obese. Its like endless sea of cookies, and pastries. Some will eat a few while others shove it all in their faces lol. No longer free feeding and far less dry is the best way to help big cats lose weight.

LeiaRey

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well I don’t think she’s pregnant, as she was in heat which is great! Her little butt is getting fixed! However I know she has worms. Ug so I treated her yesterday for those.