Is She Part Ragdoll?

miaomiao

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I adopted this little beauty from the shelter ten days ago. She's clearly a mixed breed cat, but judging by the eye color and coat pattern it looks like she might have some Ragdoll genes.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Domestic shorthair bicolor pointed.

AKA, a Snowshoe Siamese lookalike. It can happen when two cats who carry (or show) the pointed gene have kittens and there is also the bicolor gene in the mix. It does mean a distant relative was a Siamese because all pointed trace back to that but given her body shape it was distant.

Hopefully she doesn't have the Snowshoe personality otherwise you might be in trouble. Right 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine ?
I have two Snowshoes myself and sometimes I question my sanity for that choice.

Your girl looks like a bigger version of my Rocket and with the white from the legs going over the back instead of just sweeping up.
IMG_20171222_045459.jpg

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
She’s beautiful! Easy to see how you fell in love with her at the shelter. I would also go with more of a Snowshoe lookalike than a Ragdoll lookalike. Ragdolls are longhairs. A lot more fluffy!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

miaomiao

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Come to think of it, she does look much more like a Snowshoe than a Ragdoll. When I took her to the vet today, she also mentioned this breed as a possibility.
Your girl looks like a bigger version of my Rocket and with the white from the legs going over the back instead of just sweeping up. View attachment 214731
Rocket's a beauty, too!

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Domestic shorthair bicolor pointed.

AKA, a Snowshoe Siamese lookalike. It can happen when two cats who carry (or show) the pointed gene have kittens and there is also the bicolor gene in the mix. It does mean a distant relative was a Siamese because all pointed trace back to that but given her body shape it was distant.

Hopefully she doesn't have the Snowshoe personality otherwise you might be in trouble. Right 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine ?
I have two Snowshoes myself and sometimes I question my sanity for that choice. View attachment 214731
Awww... they're not so bad, Kieka Kieka - when they're not unlocking doors, opening cabinets, pushing things onto the counter, hoarding toys, flipping light switches, hiding your keys, turning on the TV and CD player, throwing themselves madly at the windows to catch showflakes, leaping to the tops of doors, and then screaming to "get me down," climbing the screens, making sounds like a crow killing a duck, tearing open catnip mice, stealing scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, peanut butter in any form, antagonising my vet's English Mastiff, pulling the pepperoni off his slice of pizza, dropping "RealSqueak" mice into the water bowls, scratching at the wallpaper, or dunking their paws into every glass of water they can find, they're pretty nice cats. Of course, by that I mean, when they're asleep, or, like Han Solo, encased in Carbonite.

miaomiao miaomiao - First off, you have an incredibly beautiful kitty. We often kid about Snowshoes, simply because they're so intelligent and so inquisitive, and so evil. They are predisposed to stealing things:

and unless a door is locked, it won't even slow them down, but they're incredibly affectionate, although generally with only one Human.

Moo Shu says, "welcome to the wonderful world of Snowshoes!"

mooshushirt.jpg

Edit: Down through the years, Snowshoes have also been the inspiration of countless poets - especially Fridge Magnet Poets.

upload_2018-1-17_23-4-17.png

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Awww... they're not so bad, Kieka Kieka - when they're not unlocking doors, opening cabinets, pushing things onto the counter, hoarding toys, flipping light switches, hiding your keys, turning on the TV and CD player, throwing themselves madly at the windows to catch showflakes, leaping to the tops of doors, and then screaming to "get me down," climbing the screens, making sounds like a crow killing a duck, tearing open catnip mice, stealing scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, peanut butter in any form, antagonising my vet's English Mastiff, pulling the pepperoni off his slice of pizza, dropping "RealSqueak" mice into the water bowls, scratching at the wallpaper, or dunking their paws into every glass of water they can find, they're pretty nice cats. Of course, by that I mean, when they're asleep, or, like Han Solo, encased in Carbonite.

miaomiao miaomiao - First off, you have an incredibly beautiful kitty. We often kid about Snowshoes, simply because they're so intelligent and so inquisitive, and so evil. They are predisposed to stealing things:

and unless a door is locked, it won't even slow them down, but they're incredibly affectionate, although generally with only one Human.

Moo Shu says, "welcome to the wonderful world of Snowshoes!"

View attachment 214791

Edit: Down through the years, Snowshoes have also been the inspiration of countless poets - especially Fridge Magnet Poets.

View attachment 214792
Is Moo Shu selling those t-shirts? Where can I order one? :hyper:

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a beauty! Yes, I’m also inclined to think Snowshoe over Ragdoll. My cat is half of each, but there’s a little difference in the fur, I think. I think Snowshoes have sleeker fur?