is she near

kittenuk

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hi guys i hope you can give me a bit of reasurrance here in uk i have a cat who is very pregnant i can see and feel kits have made nesting bos ect she is so uncomftable but eating very well 6-7 pouches aday not stressed but still no kits not sure of dates but any min now i guess nipples are pink ans some are swollen slightly with milk any idears or should i be panicking please help you all sound so experienced on here jane

lucyloo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It all sounds completely normal to me, If she is not in distress and / or poorly , then i would just let nature take its course.
My cat had here babies 3 weeks ago tomorrow, I didn't know her catch dates either but when she started getting uncomfortable and alittle restless , the babies were born in a matter of days, and i just woke up to them one morning as she had done it all by herself in the night.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lucyloo

It all sounds completely normal to me, If she is not in distress and / or poorly , then i would just let nature take its course.
My cat had here babies 3 weeks ago tomorrow, I didn't know her catch dates either but when she started getting uncomfortable and alittle restless , the babies were born in a matter of days, and i just woke up to them one morning as she had done it all by herself in the night.
what do you mean by catch dates?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittenuk

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
thank you so much il keep you updated i do hope it wont be long as she lives in our bedroom and im getting no sleep lol

lucyloo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yeah i know that feeling lol, but it is sooo worth it, my 3 are 3 weeks old tomorrow and they are coming to life now and they are soo cute and funny.
Post some pics when they have arrived, we do love pics on here!!!

minxie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think a lot of us get panicky especially when expecting our cats' first litter...but its a case of just letting nature take its time, being patient and just checking that mum cat is ok and eating well etc. Mum cat knows how to handle the birth process but I did consult my vet (and the TCS forum several times!) during the whole process. Well..that's what I learned anyway!

Have you taken mum cat to the vet? How many kittens is she expecting (if you know)?

Best of luck

kittenuk

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
still no kits and she is very uncomftable can feel and see kittens moving so i know teir ok she seems a little quieter but still wakes me at 5am for a feed im not sure how long should i leave it before i see vet but i dont want to stress her with trip on my oh my

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You posted she eatc 6 pouches of food a day. How big is your cat. Can we see pictures. Poor thing is a mommy in waiting I hope it is soon.

kittenuk

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
well she is about 18mnths old normal size she is a rescue case which im fostering which im starting to do again after being 16yrs break so im a bit rusty she has a very healthy appertitethis is her second litter acording to owner you gave her up after reading some other threads which are all og great help she is also shaped like she has wings spouting on both sides lol again thanxs for your great site and all you really nice ppl out there jane

kittenuk

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
puds was very restless last night kept scrathching carpet under bed most of night thought i was going to get up to kittens this morning BUT nothing she ate her breakfast and she is still the same size and not straining or any thing i have put several kittening boxes around even under bed but she wont go in any just scratches carpet under bed is she about to pop or what being a rescue im not to sure of her dates

momof3cats&kids

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My Jada did a lot of scratching on the floor the day before she had her babies. She would also bite and pull on the carpet. Maybe you should set up her nest in a bathroom. That's what I did for Jada and she relaxed and had her babies. She ended up crawling out of the box and having her babies on the bathroom floor though. It was a heck of a mess though so I really don't think you want her having them under your bed!