Is she lonely or looking?

zpadrino

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Poor little athena, who i think has always had other feline campions, is doing nothing but walking around the house meowing and crying. All hours of the day and night, so bad in fact that our neighbor, i live in an apartment complex, came over last night and asked us want was wrong with her!!!!
We rescued her from a muilti feline home, placed her in a muilti feline home, and got her back. She is staying with us, but am i going to end up with another cat, just to make her happy? She's drving us all nuts.
Miranda

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zpadrino

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes she has been fixed, recently. She's drving us nuts, i didn't know such a loud noise could come form such a little kitty!!!

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She may be missing a companion...have you ever thought about fostering another cat around her age to see if maybe she would enjoy another cat around?

Katie

zpadrino

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well, at this point, i'd welcome another cat. She is just so pittiful. She doesn't want you to love on her, she doesn't want anything to do with the dogs, of which she loves one and dislikes the other. I took her to the vet earlier this week to make sure that she wasn't in pain or sick and he said that she sounds depressed.......

zpadrino

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just another added thought, if i end up adding another cat would it be better to do a kitten or a older cat? I know that athena has had a litter of kittens, she was preg the frist time we rescued her... we kept her until her kittens were born and old enough to be placed, then found her a home, which we ended up getting her back form....
And would i do better with a male or female?

cilla

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has she got toys and a condo? I read that cats that walk backwards and forwards are bored and usually in a small space. Perhaps a condo etc. would help, and of course anothe kitty might help, but you can never tell.

zpadrino

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Has a kitty condo, a four story one at that, more toys and scratching posts then she knows what to with

I'm not to egar to get another cat but if it will make her happy then i guess that the route we will go....
Not that i want love the little one as much as i love all my other furbabies, it's just that right now it's three humans, two little dogs, and a cat in a 1000 foot apartment.... she may have to wait until be move into a house in august.
Miranda

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Typically cats do really well with other cats around the same age and with similiar temprements. I wouldn't assume she would want a kitten...since that kitten wouldn't be one of hers. I'd go for either an "older kitten" (over 7 months) or a young adult like herself.

Katie