is she in labour?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nikkigrant99

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
aw wow thats amazing i cant wait till mine open their eyes. they doing great and sasha is a better mother than i could ever have imagined. i had to paint 3 of their back feet so i could tell the dif between them.here are the weight gains each day for past 3 days

day 1     day 2     day 3 

black and white  125g      138g       153g 

red                    112g       126g      142g

purple                102g       111g      123g

blue                   109g       126g      148g

stripey               104g       118g       131g

so i think they are gaining ok, was worried the first day that the runt(purple) only put on 9g but yesterday it put on 12g  so its a step up. what u think?

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
102g is an excellent weight for a new-born kitten - it might be the smallest in that litter, but it's not a small kitten so 'runt' in my view isn't a good term for it.  They are all putting weight on well - sometimes they don't do so for the first day or so, like human babies - try not to worry about them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nikkigrant99

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
thanks was just a little worried as it looks so small compared to rest and always gets pushed of a nipple by one of the others, i have helped it a few times to get onto one but i think most of time the little one waits till the rest have had there share and the coast is clear

lilkim

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
aint been on for a few days but congrats they look amazing