Is she considered a calico?

gettricey

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Aweeee, she's an absolute beauty and no doubt about it, she is in fact a Turkish Van-Calico according to the below description;

Cat breeders worldwide recognize two Turkish breeds: Angora and Van. Both Angora and Van cats are free spirits.
Turkish Van Calico is a firm-built cat with a broad chest. Coat and tail hair are semi-long. It has a chalk-white body with colored markings on the head and tail. Eyes are blue, amber, or both. They are known to be energetic cats with strong personality. They are said to follow their owners like dogs. Contrary to most cats, they like water.
Not typically suitable pets for those seeking lap cats or plush toys. However, the personalities of hybrids may vary greatly.

Congradulations on your new edition !!!

)0(

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would say she is a girl! For there to be both black and orange, the cat needs two x chromasomes. (or it could be, very unlikely, an xxy cat, see.)

Anyway, I was thinking Vanna (Like Vanna White!)

What a cutie!

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
she's a doll. I like the name Vanessa.
That's my best friend's name you can call your kitty 'Nessie for short or name her Nessie. I think that is cute.

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jenniferd

What if it's a boy cat? He will never leave that name down.
LoL my Joey was originally a Chloe cos he looked like a calico when we found him. And we assumed girl ( he was 4 weeks old and we couldnt tell )

I think Vanessa is an adorable name! Or Vanna!
Maybe Vance if she turns into a he?

cocoalily

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the technical term for that is Ultra Cute Sugar Darling Munchkin Kitty Cat.

She is SO darn cute, I just want to pick her up and hug her! (Assuming she is a girl, of course.)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

amyscrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would say girl because I am assuming she is a Calico but...she kinda looks like a he
I think I will wait another week and see if it becomes a little more clear as she grows. I love Vance, Vanna and Nessie. She is so darn cute and sweet. Because she is so little she just wants to snuggle and be held. I have a mini Doxie who is smaller than the adult cats but WAY bigger than her. He feels pretty proud of himself when she is around

These cats are 4 months (black/white) and 6 months (siamese mix).

amyscrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Silly little dogs! Don't they know cats rule?

mawilouwl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I really have to ask, where did you get that kitten? It's the most adorable thing I've ever seen (and I'm the pround owner of the two cutest kittens of (almost) the world, so I know what I' talking about! Really, I'd be willing to adopt a third one if I found one like yours! Did you find a name yet? I like Vanessa too. And Alicia...but maybe that's too french, I don't know if it's a common name in english. Anyways, take good care of her!

amyscrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mawilouwl

I really have to ask, where did you get that kitten? It's the most adorable thing I've ever seen (and I'm the pround owner of the two cutest kittens of (almost) the world, so I know what I' talking about! Really, I'd be willing to adopt a third one if I found one like yours! Did you find a name yet? I like Vanessa too. And Alicia...but maybe that's too french, I don't know if it's a common name in english. Anyways, take good care of her!
A little girl was giving her away at the grocery store. She was so tiny and I was afraid that someone might not treat her right...so I took her. My son said "Mom, you can't save every cat in the world!" I said, "I know, just the ones that cross my path"
I called a local rescue who will help with the spay and I will find her a perfect home...or keep her. I already have 3 of my own so we will see. I think her name will be Vanna White

*my boys over-ruled and voted for Nessie. Thanks for all the ideas!

jarvis

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
TOO CUTE...just too cute.

I love what your son said...My SO has to stop me from adopting EVERY kitten I see!!!
Vanna is an adorable name! Congrats!!!

merlynn's mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cocoalily

I think the technical term for that is Ultra Cute Sugar Darling Munchkin Kitty Cat.

She is SO darn cute, I just want to pick her up and hug her! (Assuming she is a girl, of course.)
I second that technical term! She is absolutely adorable. Have fun with your new baby.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AMYSCRAZY

A little girl was giving her away at the grocery store. She was so tiny and I was afraid that someone might not treat her right...so I took her. My son said "Mom, you can't save every cat in the world!" I said, "I know, just the ones that cross my path"
I called a local rescue who will help with the spay and I will find her a perfect home...or keep her. I already have 3 of my own so we will see. I think her name will be Vanna White

*my boys over-ruled and voted for Nessie. Thanks for all the ideas!
LOL. Is the the son that sneaks kittens into your house for you to "rescue"?

norachelhere

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She is the cutest little thing!!!! Congrats on the new baby! I hope she has a good life with you, or that you have an easy time finding her forever home! Someone is sure to love her lots!!!

amyscrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

LOL. Is the the son that sneaks kittens into your house for you to "rescue"?
YES!! Teenagers
If he would have found her he would have brought her home for sure!