Is she a domestic shorthair?

taylerhill

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I found this kitty, Pancake, in the parking lot of my college about 2 years ago. My mom doesn't think she is a normal domestic shorthair because she thinks her face is shaped different. I don't see that. What do you guys think?

In this picture her nails are red because I had nail covers on her so she wouldn't scratch my aunts furniture. She doesn't wear them anymore since she is a mostly outdoor cat now.

mycatsinthetub

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
One of my cats has a similar head shape. I think it is just one of the normal SAG variations.

Very pretty girl.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I too think it is a normal variation.  Although it is not impossible there is some part ancestry of a British shorthair.  Or even a Persian several generations ago.  A mixed out ex-persian wont be longhaired.

Nice cat!  

And beautiful with its Soft Paws.   MUCH better than declawing, if you dont want to risk even a shadow of scratching on furnitures.

Good luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

taylerhill

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The Soft Paws worked wonders while I was living with my aunt. What I liked about them was that since I was planning on moving to my fiance's house where she would be mainly outdoors, I could remove the Soft Paws and she could have her method of defense back. That picture was her Christmas set of nails :) and thanks for the feedback on her breed!