Is Reeses "Out of Control"?

fats mcgee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
IMO: She's only out of control if you think she is! She's not hurting anyone, having a good time, and you like her. She's not hurting anyone and you're happy with it, therefore, she is not out of control.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
well, I have 10 cats at my residence, or should I say their residence
, that I allow to basically do whatever they want, ok, I totally allow them to do whatever they want
I have been blessed with very lazy cats though, and they rarely cause any trouble
but I wouldn't ever want a trained cat, their spontaneity is what makes them so wonderful

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think that it's very rude for someone to comment on how you choose to raise your children.... I mean cats. Assuming that your cat isn't massively destructive, hurting people and causing major problems, I don't think it's right for someone to tell you that she's "out of control".

The things you've described Reeses doing sound like totally normal cat things. I would say that if you had a real problem with your pet doing those things, owning a cat might not be the best fit for you. Obviously it's not a problem for you, so I don't think it's quite right for someone else to be judging you and trying to tell you that it's wrong. As so many people have said before me, it's only a problem if you think it is.

This may be totally missing the point here, but if I almost feel like your friend is trying to make you look bad/themself look good by getting involved in a "my cat is better than your cat" competition. This is something I really can't stand in people, so I may be seeing it where it actually doesn't exist, but something to consider anyway.

cubbie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm sure your cat is just fine. If cats were perfectly behaved all the time, what fun would that be?? LOL

Suuuure I don't like it when Taylor shreds a roll of toilet paper, but it gives me a good story to tell.

As for your friend trying to get his/her cat to switch spots on the couch to even out the wear - that seems a bit anal.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Every cat is different and i think your friend needs a more lively cat lol

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I don't know if he was just kidding when he said she was out of control, he may have been. But it still made me feel bad. Either way, he is a great friend, but I know it's just because of how they raise their cat, and how she's night and day compared to Reeses.

I'm happy to report that all she did last night was wake me up for food at 4am, but I had to go to the bathroom anyway so it worked out. No dresser climbing, although she did play with clock radio cords again, but pretty tame for the night I'd say

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It really depends on the cat. Some kitties are naturally very well behaved and can easily be taught to stay off certain furniture ect. And then there are the mischivious (sp?) ones that know that they shouldn't be in a certain place, but as soon as you turn your back thats the first place they go. Bean is alot like Reese in that way. He's sneaky. He know's perfectly well that he shouldn't be on the counter or table, so when I'm in the room, he never goes up there. The second I leave, I hear him jump right up there behind my back.