Is Pumpkin A Boy Or Girl?

war&wisdom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Looks like a boy to me -- there's a lot of space between the two openings, and the bottom one looks more like a dot than a slit. How old is Pumpkin?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I actually think that's a girl. If you zoom in you can see the slit. Here's a little orange boy I have right now, see the difference?

war&wisdom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I actually think that's a girl. If you soom in you can see the slit. Here's a little orange boy I have right now, see the difference?
I think Pumpkin is a boy who's slightly younger than yours, but it could be a girl. There's a slight difference, but every kitten is also slightly different.

war&wisdom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
When I first adopted my kittens, a boy and a girl, they were 8 weeks old, and it was a bit hard to distinguish between their "parts" -- but that changed within a week or so.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tracubs

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I got him (her?) From a lady that was giving away kittens in the parking lot of Walmart. :( As soon as I saw pumpkin I knew I had to take her/ him home with me. They said they didn't know if it was a boy or girl and said that he/she was about 7 weeks old when I got him/her on may 24. So roughly around 3-4 months old I'm assuming.

war&wisdom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I got him (her?) From a lady that was giving away kittens in the parking lot of Walmart. :( As soon as I saw pumpkin I knew I had to take her/ him home with me. They said they didn't know if it was a boy or girl and said that he/she was about 7 weeks old when I got him/her on may 24. So roughly around 3-4 months old I'm assuming.
If Pumpkin is 3-4 months old, then she looks like a girl. If she were a boy, her testicles would be more obvious by now.

Tracubs

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much everyone I was convinced at first pumpkin was a boy but then after a while I wasn't too sure and realized I really had no clue.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You can go ahead and get Pumpkin spayed now. In the meantime, make sure she stays inside and away from non-neutered male cats. Kittens can actually conceive as young as 4 months. :)

Tracubs

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You can go ahead and get Pumpkin spayed now. In the meantime, make sure she stays inside and away from non-neutered male cats. Kittens can actually conceive as young as 4 months. :)
That's a good idea. I definitely don't want pumpkin having any babies regardless

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hi Pumpkin! :wave3:

I have a Pumpkin also, but mine is a male. His picture is the kitten in my avatar. He’s 4 years old now!

Your Pumpkin is precious! :)

Tracubs

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi Pumpkin! :wave3:

I have a Pumpkin also, but mine is a male. His picture is the kitten in my avatar. He’s 4 years old now!

Your Pumpkin is precious! :)
Aww! He's too cute! The lady I got pumpkin from said she had 4 kittens. When I drove past her in the parking lot I saw that she had a sign up I turned around and there was pumpkin and one of her siblings left. My sister in law got the other kitty and he/she looks alot like yours. The kitten was white and orange but long haired and pumpkin is short haired.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's great that you and your SIL were able to take these kittens in. Pumpkin is super cute.

Has she been to the vet at all? She needs a crucial series of kitten vaccines, and likely to be dewormed. It's also time to set up her spay, as mentioned. Do you need help finding a low cost vet in your area?