Is Pepsi causing me to have Sleeping Problems??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

Ok, just a question..but why, if you are 16, do you sleep until 10am-12pm? If you're home schooled that's fine, but if not, shouldn't you be in school? (If there is a reason behind this that I didn't see, I do apologize).
I sleep in from 10am-12pm because im currently not in school... Nov. of 06 my brother came out with Lymph Node Cancer, and it was just a shock to all of us that I decided to take a yr off school. I was ganna go back this yr but we started having problems with the enrolling and stuff ((my previous school shut down a couple months before)) so my mom just said forget it, your quiting now and you can get your GED when you turn 17.

------------------------------------------------------------

I actually dont drink a lot of Pepsi... its Usually a 2Liter split between 4 people in our house. I usually have a cup during the day ((if available)) and a cup before bed.

Im not use to waking up at 9.... especially when my day really doesnt start till after 10am.

saya

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

More than likely what's going on with you is that you're body is crashing from the sugar high. Pepsi tends to have more sugar in it than Coke, and while sugar gives you a brief high, it's also a depressent for the body. So you're body winds up crashing.

I wouldn't be surprised if you had a nice big slice of chocolate cake before going to be if you experience the same sleep you get with Pepsi.
this is exactly what I was going to say.
alcohol will do this to me if I drink it with soda (like whiskey and coke). I'm very sensitive to it and can't have too much or I will wake up in the middle of the night crashing from the sugar in the whiskey and the coke. If I get up and eat something sweet or drink some soda I drift right back off to dreamland.