Is peeing randomly a sign of stress and pain?

JavierG

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I ask because the truth is that my 15yo resident cat is on her last leg. For 7 months she has been plagued by this horrible feline fibroid Scarcoma in her mouth that after three surgeries, most teeth removed Has come back with a vengeance. It is no longer just in her mouth but seems to have spread up her face with a large growth under her eye into her nose. She can no longer breath properly. She breathes through her mouth.

there is also signs that it has spread into her organs as she has growths in her liver and bladder.
Since two weeks ago she has peed blood. And after a week of antibiotics appears to still be peeing blood.

the Dr said there isn’t really much else we can do for her, and due to her age and the fact she has lost so much weight (30% of her weight) since this started suggested no more surgeries. So it’s done. Now it’s a waiting game. When is she suffering too much?
While she has no appetite she still shows up for treats, other than that she sleeps all day and regularly pees blood anywhere in the house, mostly in the Sofa or some cushions. No longer bothers with a litter box, even though we put one right next to where she stays the most.

is this a sign she is in pain?

DanielleRose

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am sorry to hear how much your cat is suffering.

I say this without meaning to come across horrible but yes peeing blood especially regularly is not good. Also cats are nose breathers, she will be in discomfort breathing through her mouth. I had a cat with nasal tumors and when he started mouth breathing he always get treated at the vets as an emergency because of this.

Personally if this was my cat I would be booking an at home euthanasia, I will be absolutely floored if she’s not suffering and in pain already. You need to consider her quality of life and from what you have stated here I can’t see she has one any more.

I know it’s a horrible situation to be in, I went through it 3 times last year within the space of 16 weeks but no matter how much it breaks us, if their prognosis and quality of life is bleak we have to be selfless in situations like this.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

JavierG

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes Thanks, we had the same conclusion a few weeks ago when we took her to the vet to discuss when we first noticed the blood in her urine but she said let’s try the antibiotics and see if it improves things. Well I don’t think it has, so will just schedule a time to take poor Lola in and let her rest finally. We tried to fight this growth. But we lost

Thanks

white shadow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
J JavierG , my heart goes out to you:redheartpump:

If she has anxiety around travelling or vet visits, do consider having an 'at-home-euthanasia vet' come to your home.....that will spare her any more anxiety or fright before she leaves and make for a peaceful passing.