Is My Vet Lying About my cats Condition? Severe Pulmonary Disease

ToddsDad

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I took my new kitten in for a wellness check after my SO noticed that our kitten seemed to have an asthma attack... The vet took x-rays and said she noticed "a cloudy area in the lungs which are infiltrates" and wanted to charge $3,385.00 for 2 day hospitalization. Obviously i cannot afford that and still payed $500.00 for the wellness check and blood tests...Everything came back negative and the x-rays seem identical to a healthy kittens x-rays online...i got the kitten back and he is running around, pooping fine, eating well, and drinking water fine. Does anyoine see anything unusual in these x-rays??
* Species: Feline Domestic, Short Hair.
* Sex/Neuter status:Male Intact
* Breed:Orange Tabby
* Body weight:3 pounds
* History: N/A Strayborn
* Clinical signs: Fast Paced breathimg, sneezing last night not anymore
* Duration: 2 Days
* Your general location:Inland Empire, CA
* Links to any test results, X-rays --

Attachments

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I am not any kind of expert to be able to read x-rays. But, even so, my recommendation would be to share those x-rays with another vet - preferably one from another practice (to avoid colleague bias) - as well as any other tests that were run. If you don't know from where to get a second opinion, ask friends/family/neighbors/co-workers for a referral. If it is some form of asthma, there are host of treatment options. So, don't worry too much until you can get a second opinion!!

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
T ToddsDad , why did the Vet think the little guy needed to stay in the hospital for two days? Did they want to run a bunch more tests? Did they say what they thought it was?

I see these xrays are from an Emergency Clinic. If you have a regular Vet, I'd discuss this with them. If you don't, you really need to have one for future care for your new furry friend, as he'll need neutering, annual check-ups, etc. Plus, if he does have asthma, he'll probably need prescriptions and all that will be much less expensive at a regular Vet rather than an emergency Vet.