Is my SPARKY going to die?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bebo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Jennyranson thanks for your advices. About the picture I have many pictures of him in my laptop but I don’t know how to insert them.

KatKisses you are 100% correct about your note, but what my mom meant by her suggestion is to make my kitten free to taste anything new that won't hurt her.

Strange Wings my Sparky is a big boy now. Don't worry about him! Hehe

Yosemite you are right nutrition is all what matters at the end.

Darlili thanks for your support and guys really there is no need to worry about my Sparky. He is much better now. His health has improved alot. He no longer has favor and diarrhea. The vet has given him Catosal and Baytril and I am giving him Ornivita these days.

What's more is the good news Sparky's ears are clean now and now he is active enough for me and his appetite is much better than before meaning he is having a blast with us his new warm loving family.

GoldyCat thanks for your concern. Sparky is eating much better now. I hope he gain some weight.

Rang 27 Thanks for passing by I'll see about this milk replacement powder.

Laureen227 thanks for the link. I'll check it out soon.

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay!!!! Happy to hear things are settling down - best wishes to all of your family and Sparky!

lawguy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wow. Only 2-3 weeks younger than my Ally and not eating solids well.

All I can say is to listen to both the vet and what the people on this forum tell you. They've helped me a lot and know what they're talking about.

Try to comfort him and calm him down a bit, maybe he's still scared about a new home, and try showing him chewing and everything.

When I first got Ally eating solids, the vet had me start her on a mixture of skinless shredded chicken meat, white rice, and a little bit of plain yogurt (little bit is key, too much will cause loose stools). You can obviously eat some of that yourself.... maybe if Sparky sees that it's ok to eat, he'll indulge his hunger.

I hope he makes it through this ok.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

If your kitten was born December 14th, he is not 3 months old. He's only 7 weeks - he should honestly still be with his mother at this age.

You must get a good kitten formula for him, ask your vet if you don't know where to find any. His young age is why he isn't interest in as much foods yet and why he's so tiny. Once you get him on a formula you can start mixing a little wet canned kitten food in with it so that it makes a gruel, feed him this and slowly make the mix with less and less formula in it. He should be ok by 12 weeks old to finally go off formula - but if he's still a little under weight let him have it for a couple weeks more.
This math is not right... If he was born on December 14th, he is going to be 12 weeks on March 8th... Time to go off the formula, or as you recommended due to his low weight, give him for a little longer.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bebo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for your comment Law Guy. By the way, I've tried the same recipe of your Ally and my Sparky loved it.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carolinalima

This math is not right... If he was born on December 14th, he is going to be 12 weeks on March 8th... Time to go off the formula, or as you recommended due to his low weight, give him for a little longer.
Originally Posted by strange_wings

I don't know why I put 7, I must be losing it. I was talking about cranial nerves elsewhere... the 7th one in fact, maybe that's why?
Nice that you caught my post made three days before your's where I did notice I put the wrong number.

To everyone - It helps to read the other posts in a thread, especially if you're going to quote something from days before you post - the thread/discussion may have changed some by then - and usually on here it has since this is a very busy forum.

Bebo - It good that Sparky is improving! Kittens are a handful, usually because they find some way to worry us health wise.