Is my ragdoll pinking up?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It’s possible since you know when she mated. Cats begin to show around the end of the fifth week. You’ll know more soon! :)

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those nipples don't look pink to me, however not all cats "pink up." The best way to know for sure at this stage is to do an ultrasound.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Maleficent23

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thankyou for your replies, im just going to keep an eye over the nexcouple of weeks, hard to tell with cats i know; but does anyone else think she looks slightly bigger?

Attachments

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At this stage, you wouldn't expect to see her looking much bigger in the belly yet. If you are breeding her on purpose, do you have a mentor you are working with? Perhaps the breeder of your girl, or the owner of the stud male that you used?

Maleficent23

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, the lady i got her drom said she cant see any significant changes ib her tummy so just have to wait and see

Maleficent23

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi
Is it possible for a cat to be in heat but not call? I thought my girl was in heat rather than pregnant but she hasn't been vocalizing at all, her previous owner said she was very vocal during her last heat so now I'm wondering can acat be in heat but not call?
Thanks in advance

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Has she been around intact males to get pregnant? Do you plan to spay her?

Maleficent23

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi yes, she was mated 14th-17th January but I thought she was showing signs of heat but I'm not sure as she wasn't calling or calizing in any way, just being overly affectionate and a lot of rolling around and chin rubbing

Maleficent23

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Do you think? Maybe I made the mistake of thinking her affection and chin rubbing was heat, she would be approx 4 weeks by now however her nipples still look fairly pale

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You’ll know soon as cats are more affectionate when pregnant, and they usually begin to show after about 5 weeks. Plus, she would most likely not go into heat again while pregnant.

Maleficent23

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Do you know if a pregnant cats stomach feel like a squidgy balloon? Her sides feel slightly swelled to me and her underneath feels the same but almost like its lower.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The best way to diagnose pregnancy at this stage would be with an ultrasound. Without a definite pregnancy diagnosis via ultrasound, you don't know for sure right now. She might be pregnant, or she might be experiencing a false pregnancy, or she might be behaving that way because she is coming into heat again. Have you spoken with your breeding mentor(s)?

Maleficent23

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone, took my ragdoll to the vets he said he cant feel any feotus uoon palpation but said it could be they are too small to feel or if shes only having one or two could be more difficult. She was mated 14-17th jan. Do her nipples look like a pregnant cats. Either way a waiting game now

Attachments

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
From looking at her nipples I would guess that she is not pregnant. However, some cats do not pink up. The only way to know for sure at this stage is an ultrasound.