Is my queen pregnant?

charlie2110

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi looking for advice. I’ve notice a few behaviour changes in my girl she is 1 next month.
she’s moody with my other cat and growling a lot at it. More affectionate towards us humans and sleeping in weird places like the bathroom. Looked up online and it said possibly pregnancy. Anyway she’s an indoor cat hasn’t yet been spayed but she did get out on 2 occasions a 2-3 weeks ago so it is possible.
I checked her nipples and this is what the look like. She’s long haired so I never notice what they look and feel like before. Any advice I will be taking her to the vet.

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She likely mated and is pregnant. I suggest you get her spayed now before things get further along. It will terminate the pregnancy and the heat cycles that caused her to get out. Cats are happier and healthier when spayed, and as cute as kittens are, they are expensive to raise.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I agree, she is prob in the very beginning of pregnancy... Count on the 3weeks mark, as the nipples change color then...

So, IF you wish kittens, you plan for it and prepare...

IF you dont wish kittens, or are undecided, its still good occasion for spaying (including abort). Its as yet medically not difficult, and ethically
much more OK now than later on...
So, IF you dont wish kittens, try to get the spaying as quickly you can arrange it.

Whatever you decide, we will support you.