Is my new kitty pregnant?.. And Kittens!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jayandspence

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thr basement is actually really good, compared to the rest of the house...not stuffy, but not cold at all. They are snuggled together, nursing well. I just can't go down too often because Tillie loves people so much that she jumps right up to see me as soon as she senses the door opening!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm glad the basement is comfortable.

Do you plan to bring them upstairs in a few weeks for socialization?

jayandspence

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, definitely. The only thing is I will need to keep them some place far away from the new puppy!! My boys will be so happy when I finally tell them what has happened. Right now they think she's in the basement all on her own for peace and quiet. :) My boys, 6 & 9, actually have more experience than I do with kittens, because of my in-law's farm and all the barn kittens they've had. (They have now spayed the females, thank goodness!)

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That's great! A bedroom with cat toys will do eventually. They won't need the run of the house. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

jayandspence

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Momma cat isn't really touching her dry food, but eats any wet food right up that I bring to her. Should I just keep loading her up on the wet food and not worry about her not eating the dry?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, that is exactly what you should do. I'd leave the dry food down though, just in case she wants it at night.

jayandspence

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So, all of the kittens are doing great and growing so quickly! They were 2 weeks on Sunday. One cat has one eye that is crusted shut, though. I called the vet and have an appointment this afternoon, but they say I need to bring them all together! Any tips?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
J jayandspence

You can use a warm, damp cloth on the eye to soften the crust so that it will hopefully open. The vet will probably give you ointment for the eyes if there is infection.

Just put them all in the carrier with mama cat for the checkup. Everything should be fine!

Keep us posted! [emoji]128522[/emoji]