Is my little boy too attached?

emberl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I got my cat Simba when he was about 6 months old. He was a stray - no tag, no microchip, had burn marks on his paws and was underweight. Since taking him in he's become very attached to me. If I'm sitting in a room he is sleeping in, then go to another room, within five minutes he'll wake up, find me, then go back to sleep in the new room. The only time he doesn't do this is when I am asleep. And when he's awake he'll follow me around the house. Is he too attached? He's ten months old now.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cats never cease to surprise me. I have rescued abused kittens with different reactions towards humans. They start very wary but with the right socialization (there are exceptions) they become pretty loving and adjust well to their new homes. Simba is still young and a bit insecure but with your patience he will grow to be more independent although it may take more time than another cat with a different history. 

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

emberl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So he is insecure and that's why he stays by my side so much?

laralove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I adopted my cat from a rescue when he was 6 months old. He's 10 months now and follows me everywhere. He also sleeps in my bed. 

If I'm in the living room and he's asleep, when I get up to do anything, he wakes up and follows me. I don't know why he does it, but I never thought of it as insecurity. I think he just doesn't like to be alone.

Oh, and when I'm gone, he sleeps in my bed. When he hears my lazy boyfriend drag his tail out of his room, the cat will come out to get fed and play. 

Last edited: