Is my kitten’s stomach bloated?

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some kittens and cats react differently to pumpkin. For some, it helps with constipation (makes softer stools). For others, it helps control diarrhea (makes harder stools). I'd try feeding your kitty something without pumpkin, to see if he improves.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Nrosen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay! I’ll try to find an alternative, what are the chances it could be the chicken causing the reaction?

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, it could be the chicken. I know my own cat cannot eat chicken for that reason, so it's not uncommon.

I worry about your kitten experiencing long-term diarrhea... don't want him getting too dehydrated. I know you are taking him to the vet on the 16th, but maybe give them a call or an email update before then (RE: his diarrhea), and just see if vet would like to see your kitten sooner? He might need fluids?? I don't know --> your vet would be able to let you know what to do.

Nrosen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I can’t afford going to the vet sooner than the 16th but I will give them a call to ask about it. I have some pedialyte and a high calorie cat gel supplement that I can give him in the meantime though. Today he has had diarrhea about 4 times. I’m wondering, would the items that I mentioned I bought be helpful for him or would it be too overwhelming for his system?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Pedialyte is always good. The gel sounds okay also if he’ll take it.

Nrosen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My 11 wk old kitten Noir had some health issues when I first got him at 8 wks old. I took him to the vet and they gave him an antibiotic and a stool hardener/treatment for coccidia. His diarrhea improved and he no longer vomited but every since the treatment period ended (10 days) he started having diarrhea again.

I gave him rice and Wholehearted Chicken and Pumpkin All Ages food. He ate some of it and I bought Nutrí Vet Anti-Diarrhea liquid, L-Lysine Supplement Powder, and FERA Probiotics for Dogs and Cats. It’ll arrive in 2 days and I’m hoping those will help in the meantime as I have a vet visit scheduled for the 16th for his booster shots. Until then I would appreciate any advice on what I can do to help him or what could possibly be causing this. Thank you!View attachment 413428View attachment 413431
I took Noir to the vet and they gave me more metronidazole as his symptoms changed. He is still throwing up and now has green diarrhea. I’ve been giving him the medication as prescribed by the vet as well as some probiotics and L-lysine but his poop is still green and stinky. The vet said that it is not due to a food intolerance as he’s too young for it to have developed, he also said that if it was due to intestinal issues like a liver problem then he wouldn’t be gaining weight like he did. I’m not sure what more to do with him as I can’t afford to do in depth medical analysis but I would appreciate any insight into what he could be going through.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Try a different food from the grocery store. It may be the food does not agree with him.

Nrosen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Try a different food from the grocery store. It may be the food does not agree with him.
I’ve tried Tiki Cats, Weruva but he didn’t like those. He now didn’t eat the food He liked before and I layed out 4 different types of cat food and he didn’t like any of them.

Fredthecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I took Noir to the vet and they gave me more metronidazole as his symptoms changed. He is still throwing up and now has green diarrhea. I’ve been giving him the medication as prescribed by the vet as well as some probiotics and L-lysine but his poop is still green and stinky. The vet said that it is not due to a food intolerance as he’s too young for it to have developed, he also said that if it was due to intestinal issues like a liver problem then he wouldn’t be gaining weight like he did. I’m not sure what more to do with him as I can’t afford to do in depth medical analysis but I would appreciate any insight into what he could be going through.
Did you ever find out about the cause of the green stool? I read it could be a bacterial infection.