Is my kitten’s spay healing properly?

jessicawhite223

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My kitten just got spayed and we can’t tell if her scar is healing properly. It looks like this (see picture attached) and it kind of has a bumb to the left of it (almost like there’s something in her stomach). This is my first cat and i’m so lost :( Anything will help!

Attachments

Mr. Meow

Special needs cat expert.
Super Cat
Purraise
I'll start out by saying I am not a vet, and no matter what is posted here, you should take your kitty to the vet to have the incision checked out anyway.
Given that it looks like it was just done, I'd say the "bump" you are referring to is skin, that has a bit of swelling to it. Give it another day or two and if it appears worse, get to a vet asap.
Make sure that kitty is not licking/chewing/biting the incision area, that any play time you have isn't too rough, and that you avoid getting the area wet.
Regardless of anything else, make sure it's checked out by a vet at some point in the near future.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
How many days has it been since the spay? The incision actually looks pretty good, but if the red areas next to it expand I would contact your vet. Send the picture to the vet if you can, either text or email usually works.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It looks fine to me. The redness will be bruising from the operation and the lumps are usual too. Check from bleeding, weeping or unusual swelling and as said above, don't let her lick, or bite at the stitches. If at any time you are concerned, you could send a photo to your vet for his opinion.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jessicawhite223

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How many days has it been since the spay? The incision actually looks pretty good, but if the red areas next to it expand I would contact your vet. Send the picture to the vet if you can, either text or email usually works.
It’s been about three days!