Is my kitten strange? Occasional Aggression

meekabookitten

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My kitten is very friendly to me when I am the only one around him. He will purr and fall asleep in my lap. When one of my roommates holds him he will be good sometimes and other times will meow loudly at her. The strange thing is though when he meets new people even if he likes them and is very friendly to them, as soon as he is done and i pick him up to bring him away he becomes agitated and aggressive. The same thing happens when I bring him inside after a walk. He is great before and during, but after will hiss at me and try to bite me. Of course after a while he goes back to his normal cuddly self. Have any of you had a similar problem or have any idea how to deal with it? I would really appreciate some help on this one. 

p3 and the king

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is just overstimulated.  Just give him time to let him be and do his own thing for a moment after the excitement of company or new friend he's made... Or just exploring on his walk.  Just like a kid, he doesn't want it to end.  But he needs a moment to just "chill".... Maybe you could let him walk in on his own after his walk?  Or let him decide it's time to go to bed when company is gone?  But, most of it is overstimulation I think... Yes, it's completely normal.