Is my kitten bored?

FrankieTheCat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
20230910_111136.jpg
Stitch is a stray rescue like his big brother baymax whom I've posted about before. Stitch got his first round of vaccines about 3 weeks ago. He is about 2 to 3 months old. The time I've had him he is eccentric, playful and a little maniac which is why I named him Stitch. Since the shots he's been a lot more "chill" for a lack of a better word. I worry but his appetite for food has NOT decreased. Food time is the best time for Stitch and goes crazy for it. I'm pretty sure he'd eat all day if it was up to him. He's become more cuddly and calm. He still plays, every time I bring that laser out is game on but he doesn't play as much as he use too, or run around I should say. Our home has 2 big dogs and another cat and the kittens are not accustomed to the house and their new siblings yet so they stay in our master bedroom / bathroom (while we're at work) which has a huge kennel, cat tree, litter box and toys. I dont know if his behavior is changing because of his personality or because he's bored and tired of being where he is at. His brother baymax is the opposite. He got neutered recently but he's back to his old self and he runs around and plays like normal he's not affected by the space he's in and I'm wondering if it's different with stitch given that he is a lot younger maybe he needs more mind stimulation? What are your thoughts? 🤔 I worry because well I love them and I want them to be ok but like I said he eats normally, he uses the litterbox, I don't see any conserning signs other than his enthusiasm for playing has decreased a little.

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kittens change FAST at these ages. Also, you cannot overfeed a kitten. The kitten can and should be allowed to eat as much as it wants. This will reduce the chance of food obsession and obesity in later life. I forget at what age your supposed to start restrict a cat's intake, but its certainly not until at least 6 months and possibly much later.

As long as he is still eating and seems healthy I wouldn't worry about the decrease in activity. Work on finishing the introduction process so you can get them out and about, but no need to rush.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FrankieTheCat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Kittens change FAST at these ages. Also, you cannot overfeed a kitten. The kitten can and should be allowed to eat as much as it wants. This will reduce the chance of food obsession and obesity in later life. I forget at what age your supposed to start restrict a cat's intake, but its certainly not until at least 6 months and possibly much later.

As long as he is still eating and seems healthy I wouldn't worry about the decrease in activity. Work on finishing the introduction process so you can get them out and about, but no need to rush.
Oh that's good to hear. I feed him 3 times a day since I work full time he eats in the am, when I get home around 5pm the again at 8. Maybe I can give him extra or try to go home a lunch to feed him sometimes. Thanks for your feedback it helps. ☺