Is my kitten a Bengal?

kberker90

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ive recently gotten a kitten.. his name is dexter (: im stumped on his breed & im looking for some assistance. .
His mother is all black, and the owner claims his father is a bengal. He looks like a bengal, large with rounded ears. His markings were pretty distinct, he looked like a bengal to me.. but honestly im clueless when it comes to breeds.
The entire litter looked like his father, except for dexter & his sister. They're both black. Dexter has a white patch on his chest, and one above his groin. If you look closely, he has light brown/red markings all over him, & some on his belly. His paw pads are black too.
His behavior is much like any other kitten i would guess. . Extremely active, loves to climb & get into trouble. Hes quite talkative & oh my god is he affectionate!
If anyone knows about bengals & could give me their insight, i would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
First, he is at best a half bengal, as nobody even tries to claim the mother was a black bengal.   :)

Also, without papers, it will always be a domestic.

Its like with nobles.  It is not enough with looking noble, or even being a noble person.  without proper papers issued by a proper king or at least, duke,  you arent no noble, you are a commoner.

There are many tabby cats who looks "almost" like a bengal.  Both spots, and especielly as there ARE bengal variation which is essentielly a tabby.

The rule of thumb is, if you see a real bengal, you KNOW it is bengal, not a broken mackerel tabby, or even - a spotted tabby moggie.

But please, attach a couple of good photos, so we may see if he is a bengal look alike, or  "just" gorgious tabby of some sort.

Good luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kberker90

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I fell in love with him the second i picked him up. Im aware that due to lack of papers that he is indeed a domestic. I wish i took pictures of the entire litter. I found it odd that hes mostly black. The pictures i have now aren't that great as far as showing his patterns.. but I'll do my best

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kberker90

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
http://www.thecatsite.com/content/type/61/id/217400/width/200/height/4

[GALLERY="media, 217463"][/GALLERY]

Last edited by a moderator: