Is my kitten a bengal cross?

toastycat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! I’m new to this site so hopefully doing it right 😅 I have a 3 month old kitten, i got him at 8 weeks and he’s grown a lot. He has really interesting markings, and I’m wondering if he has some Bengal in him? i’d love to know what you all think he could be! some photos are attached below :)

Attachments

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's beautiful! :redheartpump: What's his name?

I would describe your kitten as a blue classic tabby domestic shorthair. (Blue is the official term for gray.) Classic tabby, also known as "blotched" tabby, is characterized by bold swirling markings including a "bullseye" pattern on the side. It's an eye-catching pattern that is one of the oldest known mutations in the domestic cat.

I notice that you included a picture of your kitten's spotted belly. Many people wonder about belly spots. These are a normal part of the classic and mackerel tabby patterns, and don't indicate that a cat has ancestry from any specific breed.

Most cats aren't any particular breed, and also aren't "mixed" with specific breeds, unlike dogs. That doesn't make them any less special, however. Domestic shorthairs are great cats! :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

toastycat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He's beautiful! :redheartpump: What's his name?

I would describe your kitten as a blue classic tabby domestic shorthair. (Blue is the official term for gray.) Classic tabby, also known as "blotched" tabby, is characterized by bold swirling markings including a "bullseye" pattern on the side. It's an eye-catching pattern that is one of the oldest known mutations in the domestic cat.

I notice that you included a picture of your kitten's spotted belly. Many people wonder about belly spots. These are a normal part of the classic and mackerel tabby patterns, and don't indicate that a cat has ancestry from any specific breed.

Most cats aren't any particular breed, and also aren't "mixed" with specific breeds, unlike dogs. That doesn't make them any less special, however. Domestic shorthairs are great cats! :)
thank you, i think so too! <3 his name is Toast lol. thank you so much for your advice!