is my female cat alright?black spots near nipples

faizanx7

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
20220606_155528.jpg

she doesnt seem to be in pain tbh, some people said this happens along with inflammation during mastitis for cats but there doesnt seem to be any inflammation at all.
she has 5 healthy kiitens and they all feed on her so maybe some one bit her or something? its a bit too hot here too around 42 C on average at daytime , can anyone tell me if i should be worried about there spots or is it alright?

MsKat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, I just found this on a site called Just Answer Veterinary:

Veterinarian: Dr. Jamie
Hi,
It can be normal for pregnant dogs and cats to have some blackish material around the nipples. It can be caused by a mixture of oily skin secretions, dirt and maybe a little leaking milk. I would not do anything about it unless your cats skin looks red, swollen or she is licking/scratching at it. For the dryness you can use little vit. E oil or olive oil on them. You can gently remove the black material with a warm wash cloth if you want to.

I hope this helps you!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

faizanx7

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, I just found this on a site called Just Answer Veterinary:

Veterinarian: Dr. Jamie
Hi,
It can be normal for pregnant dogs and cats to have some blackish material around the nipples. It can be caused by a mixture of oily skin secretions, dirt and maybe a little leaking milk. I would not do anything about it unless your cats skin looks red, swollen or she is licking/scratching at it. For the dryness you can use little vit. E oil or olive oil on them. You can gently remove the black material with a warm wash cloth if you want to.

I hope this helps you!
thank u ❤

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. As noted above, try to gently clean those spots and see what happens. If they can be cleaned off, I would also be inclined not to worry about it. However, if they can't be cleaned off, at a minimum you could send a pic to your vet and see what they think.