Is my cats spay insicion infected/healing alright ?? :(

Ehxille

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
(Warning im going to post a picture so if you get grossed out easily, might be best to skip this)

my cat piper got fixed Friday, it’s currently Sunday and right when she got home she tried jumping on my bed before I could stop her and she fell on her back. I now keep her in a big dog kennel to avoid that happening again but im worried it might’ve screwed up her healing process and I was hoping someone could give me some sort of comfort or advice. I don’t wanna bring her in if I don’t have to because the vet really stresses her out :(
Any help would be appreciated so darn much.
C5EE7C4C-D170-4B0E-B033-C7DC5393C5BB.png

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It does look quite bruised but that could be from the operation. The wound hasn't opened and glue is still in place. Just keep an eye on it, watch for swelling, redness, weeping or bad smell. If you have any doubts you could send a photo to your vet for his opinion. Take a photo each day to compare.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ehxille

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
thank you!! Your a life saver!! She 5 years old so im thinking her being older correlates with the bruising in some way, as well as her jumping right away after she got home.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the area around the incision is too reddish/pinkish. Does it feel warmer than the rest of her belly?
I had my cat spayed three weeks ago and she has never had that kind of color around her incision.