is my cat’s spay incision infected?

kamxoxo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hi, i was wondering if my cat’s spay incision is infected. It has only been three days since they had their surgery and it has a kinda hard lump on her incision. She has been licking it alot and im getting her a cone tomorrow. I cannot afford a vet or vet bill since i am very tight on money right now, i just got her spayed at a rescue shelter/spay and neuter place and i used free vouchers so it was only $40 for core vaccinations and spays for two cats. I just need some advice so i can get a vet for her if needed, i just dont want to go and it ends up not being infected but get vet bills just for them to see if it was infected anyways. The pictures might not be the best cause she doesnt want to sit still for so long.
IMG_1870.jpeg
IMG_1872.jpeg

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I am sorry, it that doesn’t look right. Call the place you had her spayed when they open and see if they will recheck their work for no charge.
In the mean time keep her quiet and don’t allow her to touch that area at all.
If you use clumping litter, bag it for later and replace it with shredded paper. She should not be running or jumping or doing anything that can cause damage.

I am not a vet and this is just my opinion on what I see in the picture and the advise is what I would do if this were my cat

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I am sorry, it that doesn’t look right. Call the place you had her spayed when they open and see if they will recheck their work for no charge.
If you use clumping litter, bag it for later and replace it with shredded paper. She should not be running or jumping or doing anything that can cause damage.

I am not a vet and this is just my opinion on what I see in the picture and the advise is what I would do if this were my cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kamxoxo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Thank you, i will check with the place i got her spayed and see of they will look at her! I appreciate your advice.

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
No matter what you do, don’t cause your cat to struggle or stress. We really don’t want her using those abdominal muscles right now.