Is my cats neuter incision healing correctly

Sag1841

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello!
I recently neutered both my kittens 2 days ago, and they sleep for 80% of the day but they get anxious and sometimes I can’t stop them from jumping or running for a few seconds and they try to get away from me if I try to grab them. And today I was looking at one of my cats incisions and it looked a little concerning. They dont lick their incision but they will jump from the floor to the bed or floor to a chair. And I tried stopping them but once I stop with one, the other starts. Can anyone tell me if their incisions are healing correctly, I am planning to email their vet tomorrow but i am freaking out a little because earlier in the day it was fine but now it looks a little red?
1FFB2492-6426-4E1B-8E9A-A886DEF7EA02.jpeg
B063A486-C39B-40AD-B2CE-D89C644B2793.jpeg

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello!
I recently neutered both my kittens 2 days ago, and they sleep for 80% of the day but they get anxious and sometimes I can’t stop them from jumping or running for a few seconds and they try to get away from me if I try to grab them. And today I was looking at one of my cats incisions and it looked a little concerning. They dont lick their incision but they will jump from the floor to the bed or floor to a chair. And I tried stopping them but once I stop with one, the other starts. Can anyone tell me if their incisions are healing correctly, I am planning to email their vet tomorrow but i am freaking out a little because earlier in the day it was fine but now it looks a little red?
Both neuter incisions look like they are healing well.
With neuters,..you actually don't have to worry too much, because of the way they are performed.
Vets will leave the incision site open, and the cat's body will quickly heal it over.

(When I first saw this on one of my previous male cat/kitten...I also kind of freaked out...but my Vet had told me beforehand, how it would look,...and only to watch for any yellowish discharge, further opening, more blood, large swelling, or redness.
She actually said that they leave it open, for better drainage, and it heals quite fast.
It was true, it did.)

How old are your two kittens?
And can we see some photos of their faces, or front sides?
We love cat photos, here.

If they are fairly young, I don't think it's actually possible to stop them from running or playing.
(my male and female cats, had their surgeries at 5.5 months...and slept for 5 hours...and then ran around, during the night.)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sag1841

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
THANK YOU SO MUCH, I was freaking out since they are my first pets. These are them with their silly cones, they just turned 6 months old!
1C318E30-B49D-4B07-9C13-4A23033B0D1E.jpeg
ED40BAFD-D0F2-4D56-A838-1D8D1998CF1F.jpeg

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
They are adorable!! :loveeyes:
I just noticed them in your avatar, too.
Talk about cute kittens. :lovecat2:

Are they brothers from the same family,...with one being more fluffy, and the other one has shorter fur?
What are their names?

How long did your Vet tell you that they had to wear those cute donut cones?
(my cats did not have any cones, but I guess each Vet is different.)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sag1841

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks! They are brothers :) ! One of them looks like their mom and the other like their dad haha! And they are named marshmallow and stripey lol. The vet had said they didnt need it, but i didnt want to miss a chance to dress them up, also when they came home they like to not listen and take any opportunity to lick their incision so I gave in and got them these 😆

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks! They are brothers :) ! One of them looks like their mom and the other like their dad haha! And they are named marshmallow and stripey lol. The vet had said they didnt need it, but i didnt want to miss a chance to dress them up, also when they came home they like to not listen and take any opportunity to lick their incision so I gave in and got them these 😆
Good thinking about the soft neck cones, then,...and they do look very sweet in them, too. :cloud9:
Hopefully, with time, the kittens will learn to listen. :)
But for now, they have very short attention spans...so they will probably pretend not to hear you...and just continue to play and play. :biggrin:

Or they will hear you, look at you fast,...and then do their own thing, anyways. :runningcat::climbcat::dizzycat:
It's fun to have kittens.
Take a lot of photos and videos,..because they grow up so fast. :catrub::lovecat2:

Those are great names...marshmallow and stripey. :thumbsup:

Here are some Cat Site Articles...that might be useful to read.
(You don't have to read them all at once, and they are short.
Maybe some information is helpful to know.)
First-time Cat Owner’s Guide – TheCatSite Articles
Kitten Proofing Your Home: 13 Practical Tips – TheCatSite Articles
new cat

And if you want to, you can 'introduce your kittens' here, too.:
(since I know that the other members love seeing kitten photos, too.) :bluepaw:
New Cats on the Block
(only if you want to. no pressure. We just all get a thrill of seeing kitten and cat photos, on the Cat Site.)
Fur Pictures and Videos Only!

Last edited: